November 2018 Newsletter

Guy Fieri

Worker
I have one request. Those plants behind the katydid appear to be pinguicula. (butterworts) I would really like for the smaller castes of leafcutters to be killed when they step on the butterworts, or at least slowed. Having to not only deal with predatory animals, but to also have to deal with carnivorous plants, would add yet another interesting twist to the leaf cutter levels.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Guy Fieri said:
I have one request. Those plants behind the katydid appear to be pinguicula. (butterworts) I would really like for the smaller castes of leafcutters to be killed when they step on the butterworts, or at least slowed. Having to not only deal with predatory animals, but to also have to deal with carnivorous plants, would add yet another interesting twist to the leaf cutter levels.

They're cosmetic. Generally ants would avoid them, but Matt did say that if he had time he'd add some (also cosmetic) flies which would get trapped on the pinguicula, just for extra immersion.

We've discussed the idea of carnivorous plants - they didn't make the cut for the leafcutter levels. I'd personally love to see them added as a real game mechanic one day.