Option to delete Queen Tiles

Mr_Ced

Colony
Instead of the previous suggestions of upgrading/expanding the Queen's chamber, I propose the opposite: deleting them. Not only do you get to squeeze an extra chamber in your nest, you also get to upgrade it. For balance purposes, I think there should be rules:
  1. No "last chance" worker anymore
  2. You get no food upon deleting them

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Instead of the previous suggestions of upgrading/expanding the Queen's chamber, I propose the opposite: deleting them. Not only do you get to squeeze an extra chamber in your nest, you also get to upgrade it. For balance purposes, I think there should be rules:
  1. No "last chance" worker anymore
  2. You get no food upon deleting them
The problem with not having a "last chance" worker is that the player can get stuck if all their workers are dead and there are no eggs on any worker nurseries. I have found myself in situations where enemies killed all my workers because my workers walked through the battle to place eggs on nurseries.

Mr_Ced

Colony
The problem with not having a "last chance" worker is that the player can get stuck if all their workers are dead and there are no eggs on any worker nurseries. I have found myself in situations where enemies killed all my workers because my workers walked through the battle to place eggs on nurseries.
Exactly. You are trading that for more space. If this is a problem, the queen could be able to "summon" a last worker with lvl 1 stats.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The game rules need the queen tiles to be there (and true colony creatures have to be associated with a tile), I don't think this is something we are likely to do.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I thought I should add some idea or feedback to this sugguestion.

From a developpers point of view, there is an easy solution to this. Either you just don't allow it or you only allow it if there is a new set of nanitic tiles. Which would mean that you first have to place a new slot of nanitics and then be able to remove the original slots. This could be interesting for a moving option for the queen.

But how to obviously avoid people using this to just move the queen around a bunch hidding her each time cheating the game etc.
Well the next rule could be that first in order to remove A you need to have B. Second B cannot spawn any workers unless you tell the queen to move to B.

But what now? You have now 14 slots for cheap nanitics.

Here you set a limit of 7 nanitics. So the eggs cannot be placed until one of the eggs on the other slot have hatched or unless A was completely removed.

I guess this might bring some bugs that may or may not be easy to fix or a pain in the ass. But it might be something to think about or look into.

Actually thinking about this a little further I already see a sugguestion for my own. :p