Please give us a relaxed way of playing

icekiss

Larva
Purchased the game and played through the available content. Partly in medium difficulty, partly in easy.

My feedback:
Please, please give me a relaxed way of playing this! I really, really like the visuals and the scuttling around of the ants. I want to build out my nest and make it into an ant empire.
What I don't want to do is play starcraft with ants, but this is what the game feels like to me.
Very little food, no way to pause or slow the game down, and the pressure increases quickly with time, so hurry, hurry, do everything at once!

That just is not fun for me. :(

Why not give us a big beach map, with daily replenishing food, and the further from the colony you get, the nastier the enemies. But NO increasing difficulty in time.
So you establish yourself, and once you feel secure, you can wander farther and farther from the nest, slowly taking over your surroundings.

I would not need anything else then that, and I would be happy!

Of course being able to change the game speed, or even being able to give commands during pause, like in "They are Billions", would be great as well... But that is just the icing on the cake. As long as there is a game mode without time pressure and starving, I would be happy, and could just ignore the normal campaign.

icekiss

Larva
As an example of the game mood I am talking about, look at this lets play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awft9TdM1xI
It's by KatherineOfSky, whom I am enjoy watching play different games.
Listen to how she sounds and how she feels, and the mistakes she makes out of stress.
This is not a relaxed ant simulator, this is way closer to a horror game, even the music supports that mood.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Those demo levels (which are way more layed-back than the formicarium missions) are actually in the game. Just click on that micrscope thingy.

icekiss

Larva
I have not played them yet (just started them and looked at the maps), but none of the demo levels seem to even have a surface. So how is any of them supposed to have regenarating food? The wave defense, and feed on the attackers? Not exactly the relaxed game play I am talking about...

Which demo level are you recommending?

The closest thing I can see in the game to what I am looking for is the beach level "Rising Tide", just without the increasing night attacks which quickly kill me if I try to keep playing past normal mission end.
Of course what I really envision is a bigger map, so that I would have something to conquer given time and leasure to do so, but it would be a good start.

I haven't yet played the beach map "Queen of the Hill" past the normal end, there might be something for me there...

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Holdout and Surrounded frequently do spawn food bits (usually around the entrances).
And yes, they all have no surface because at the time they were created surface was still in development.

They may not be exactly what you are looking for but they are closer to it than the new scenarios.

first, i realy realy! like the game so far and the missions i played( all in formicarium) are pretty good. but there is something i'd like even more and one point of it is what the topic creator is saying. i'd love to build a big ant empire with a huge amount of ants and much bigger maps which i can slowly claim for my ants and controll it over bigger distances with increasing numbers of Ants.

The game how it is at the moment is realy good for starting a colony but i miss playing a much bigger one and hope thsi will find it's way to the Game later. To this point you did a absolutly great job. i just had 1 crash and no Bugs or glitches that distrub me in the game.

I think it would be cool to have the game end with your queen escaping the lab to a semi sandbox outdoors area where you could just expand and grow. Maybe even send new females to colonize to nests etc.