Possible Uber Glitch

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
I think that there is something glitched with uber spawning. I've encountered this a bunch of times in free play, where everything is normal, but I get the message that an uber has spawned, when there is no uber on the map. I was playing on embankment and couldn't find the Ubers several times (there were three that should've been spawned, couldn't see a single one), but I pretty much thought nothing of it. The uber spawning does work sometimes, but other times, the message comes, but no uber spawns. I played on towhead, and got the message of an uber spawn, and could not find it, which is really strange (it is a very small map, and I checked all the enemy locations from the mini map). There was a similar report on steam recently, so I decided to post here, as other people have noticed the same thing, and not just on the embankment map, but also towhead (I haven't played on the Dunes, but I'm guessing that the problem may not be map related, just a general free play bug).

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I've been getting boat loads of Ubers on Dunes. The ubers could be getting killed by water in the island map and other creatures in all of the maps.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I may have had the same thing happening without me noticing, or it could be the uber mantis not showing up on the map?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I'm 99% sure that this is either ubers being killed by other creatures or rising water. Since the rebalance in 0.21 ubers are in general easier to kill, and a group of large creatures can take one down. Or, as Hof said, uber mantis which doesn't show on the minimap when in stealth.

When there's lots of spawned creatures it's remarkably easy to miss an uber, even of you go scanning for it. We have spoken internally about marking them differently on the minimap but haven't worked out the details yet (there's certain technical limitations to this).

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I'm 99% sure that this is either ubers being killed by other creatures or rising water. Since the rebalance in 0.21 ubers are in general easier to kill, and a group of large creatures can take one down. Or, as Hof said, uber mantis which doesn't show on the minimap when in stealth.

When there's lots of spawned creatures it's remarkably easy to miss an uber, even of you go scanning for it. We have spoken internally about marking them differently on the minimap but haven't worked out the details yet (there's certain technical limitations to this).
Why not use something like the P. Fly Markers in 3.1/.2?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm 99% sure that this is either ubers being killed by other creatures or rising water.
Here's the 1% :p:

I am guessing the Uber crab got removed by either the crab being removed to reduce creature count or the crab walking to a portal and de-spawning? (Creatures attacking each other is off, rising water is off.)

There have been 4 Uber announcements in that session so far, but I have seen only 1 Uber so far.

hello!

came to the forum exactly because of this glitch (?). i have been playing for hours and gave up eventually. there were about 15 uber spawn announcements out of which i managed to find 2.
i think it would be nice even for troubleshooting if they were marked with a different color (for example yellow) on both the minimap and healthbar if activated. also if they can be killed by other foes or by the flood, it would be useful to know when they do get killed (a notification like when they are spawned), so the user could stop searching for them.

i have v0.2121 installed.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
hello!

came to the forum exactly because of this glitch (?). i have been playing for hours and gave up eventually. there were about 15 uber spawn announcements out of which i managed to find 2.
i think it would be nice even for troubleshooting if they were marked with a different color (for example yellow) on both the minimap and healthbar if activated. also if they can be killed by other foes or by the flood, it would be useful to know when they do get killed (a notification like when they are spawned), so the user could stop searching for them.

i have v0.2121 installed.
The cause has already been found for this bug. In one of the dev streams they mentioned the new ubers not being spawned in freeplay, resulting in a much lower uber spawn rate. The missing ubers were still announced, making this bug noticable.

I also mentioned an idea for visual aid for seeing ubers on the minimap. Their box on the map would have an effect on it.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The cause has already been found for this bug. In one of the dev streams they mentioned the new ubers not being spawned in freeplay, resulting in a much lower uber spawn rate. The missing ubers were still announced, making this bug noticable.

I also mentioned an idea for visual aid for seeing ubers on the minimap. Their box on the map would have an effect on it.
I'd use the circle that is normally used by Army Ant Scouts when they spot the player and maybe a Triangle instead of a Square on the map.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Just to be crystal clear the new ubers are being announced but not spawning. This is because they were using 0 values for a lot of there spawning stats, specifically things like despawn time ect so there swarm point removes itself as soon as it appears and the uber never appears.

There is a fix coming but we are trying to get as much into the package as possible so a bit longer to wait.

Blu

Larva
I think the Uber hermit crab is by far the easiest Uber creature to kill.
nah man, jumping spider is the easiest, uber crab is TANK. i've done testing, and the jumping spider lost against every other uber, even the crab, on a side note, wolf spider and mantis are the strongest

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
nah man, jumping spider is the easiest, uber crab is TANK. i've done testing, and the jumping spider lost against every other uber, even the crab, on a side note, wolf spider and mantis are the strongest
Okay, if we are talking about the damage then mantis and wolf spider are the most damaging ubers, if we talking about health then hermit crab is by far the tankiest. But jumping spiders are just kinda weak, combined with the low health. Yes, it is the easiest