Reporting lag

Now I don't know why, but whenever I set the graphics to epic and try to enjoy it, it always lags, my computer is pretty powerful and I don't think it is really a problem or a bug but it is just a bit confusing.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The AI and collision routines for this game create a lot of calculations - the graphics themselves aren't overly intense compared to some titles but when you think we have literally hundreds of creatures running around, thinking for themselves in rather complex fashion and bumping into each other, there's plenty of overhead the CPU has to deal with.

We do periodic profiling on the game to try to reduce un-needed calculations and this will continue throughout development.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The AI and collision routines for this game create a lot of calculations - the graphics themselves aren't overly intense compared to some titles but when you think we have literally hundreds of creatures running around, thinking for themselves in rather complex fashion and bumping into each other, there's plenty of overhead the CPU has to deal with.
You could easily reduce your amount of calculations by just stopping idle ants from running around like their gasters were on fire. Idle ants usually don't move a lot, so having them run around and clog up the pathfinding system is completely unnecessary, I made a topic about that here: http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.php?threads/idle-ants.2467/