Request for help with a few bugs!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
There are a few bugs which I have been unable to replicate and therefore unable to solve. If anyone knows how you can replicate any of the following please let me know, or has had it happen to them and has any information about when it happened.

1 - Ants carrying multiple food items
1557224132488.png1557224143148.png

This one seems to happen on 2.1 with the shrimp like food sources. Have had multiple reports of it but have been unable to get it to happen.

2 - Save games missing

When going to load a save game a couple of people have reported their game missing, apparently they can see the colonies in freeplay but not in formicarium load. If this has happened to you could you please send me your save games, they should be located in:
C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Local\EotU\Saved\SaveGames

3 - Unable to build on a tile

I have only seen this mentioned once. It sort of looks like a tile has been turned into a nursery tile but has failed to create the tile. You can see it in this video:

4 - Crash with certain hardware

Finally there is another issue that seems to be occurring rarely with the new update. A couple of crash reports have come in which I can only take the following from:
<ErrorMessage>LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - &apos;HUNG&apos;)</ErrorMessage>
Looking into this it appears to be something to do with certain hardware setups, however there may be something specific causing it. If you are getting a crash it would be helpful to know what is going on at the time (which level, what were you doing, how far through the level, do you get the crash repeatedly on the level ect) as it may be something specific causing this.

5 - Debuffs off centre

1557391492240.png

Occasionally de-buffs have been off centre. Once this starts happening in a game it seems to happen a lot. As it is not always the case this one has been hard to track down!

For now unless we receive more information allowing us to hunt these down they will be on the back burner whilst we release other fixes and freeplay improvements. Any help with these is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
My guess for number 1.
When ants gather food they pause for a second to pick it up and with shrimp scattered everywhere every new day so when the shrimp spawns it will be spawned randomly, which means it could go on top of another food or so. In this case ants pick of food near them so ants get confused to pick the top one or the bottom. The ant will just pick both & run off, so placement can effect on this.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I have made an attempt to fix number 3 though it will need testing to make sure I have not broken anything else in the process. Again without the ability to replicate there is no real way of telling if it is fixed.