Review and recommendations

bought the game after seeing a video. reminded me of our ants game in starcraft 2 arcade. sooo, i beat all the missions. and i thought it was well put together. a bit off on the jelly thing because i end up with tons extra. but still good. But now i gotta say, where is the replay factor. totally missing. freeplay? got boring after an hour. is there no battle area? can i not battle some ai opponents? like a 4 man play free for all? and eventually multiplayer. kill all the rest and win that map. freeplay seems to attempt this but all other ants are dead after 5 mins and cannot attack their base. the graphics overall is crazy good. but seriously. with nothing else to do, i dont wanna play it again. it becomes a game on the shelf and no recommendation to others to buy it. is there any plans to add the most important part of making a game? being able to battle other ai and players? i will give it some time for responses before i rate it on steam. good concept though.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Yes to AI players eventually. Remember it is an early access game and therefore in active development; still plenty to add to it. After we reach version 1.0 we'll decide where to direct our efforts next - things like multiplayer and map editors come in at that point. We're not far away from releasing a large update to freeplay which makes it a much more viable play mode with, like everything else, a lot more to come later. This update will also introduce the first of regular extra missions apart from the campaign.

Thanks for the feedback!

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
bought the game after seeing a video. reminded me of our ants game in starcraft 2 arcade. sooo, i beat all the missions. and i thought it was well put together. a bit off on the jelly thing because i end up with tons extra. but still good. But now i gotta say, where is the replay factor. totally missing. freeplay? got boring after an hour. is there no battle area? can i not battle some ai opponents? like a 4 man play free for all? and eventually multiplayer. kill all the rest and win that map. freeplay seems to attempt this but all other ants are dead after 5 mins and cannot attack their base. the graphics overall is crazy good. but seriously. with nothing else to do, i dont wanna play it again. it becomes a game on the shelf and no recommendation to others to buy it. is there any plans to add the most important part of making a game? being able to battle other ai and players? i will give it some time for responses before i rate it on steam. good concept though.
As @MikeSlugDisco said, its an early access game so I would wait until you give a full review. Aside from that nice review, one thing that I would recommend is going crazy in the battle arena: 10 Whip Spiders vs 100 Fusca Soldier Ants was... Laggy. But fun to watch.

As @MikeSlugDiscoone thing that I would recommend is going crazy in the battle arena: 10 Whip Spiders vs 100 Fusca Soldier Ants was... Laggy. But fun to watch.
There's also the other levels / beta levels that you can do, you can also try hold out surrounded and insane extremis, you can try beating the formicarium levels insane as fast as possible (by example I've managed to make 1.2 insane in 9m52s) and once you're good and have too much jelly in the formicarium you can use the microtransaction system to upgrade your ants and try against insane amounts of random bugs !