Save

Please make it so you can save during missions. I hate getting to the last night of a mission then losing. It's more annoying than challenging to have to start over after playing for 20 or more minutes.

Ensiege

Worker
Yea, I still haven't been able to finish 2.1 on insane... The best I can do is get to night 3. By the time I kill the first wave, I have so few workers that I can't replenish my brood fast enough for the second and third wave... would like to try a different approach to night 3, without having to start over from day 1.

Also I second the suggestion others have made that soldier ants should be able to carry eggs.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Ensiege, what is your tank unit (that takes damage instead of spitters)?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Try for 100 spitters first, as those will go a long way in ensuring the spiders can't kill everything.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
There are some very clear technical reasons that we can't allow in-level saves outside the formicarium. Saving would have to work different for each extra mission, due to the heavily scripted setup we're using. We're talking several weeks of dedicated development work per level in order to do this, and we don't really have that time - we need to be producing new content for you guys.

We didn't intend the current 2nd tier levels to be as long to play as they ended up being, so we'll be keeping that in mind and creating shorter levels going forward.