Scale by colony (freeplay leafcutters)

moomin

Larva
Hello,

I think maybe the scale by colony doesn't work for leafcutters.
Wave 1-4 are easy. Wave 5 is just total overkill.

Even if I don't add any ants between wave 4 and 5, the 5th wave is A LOT harder. Mainly because there are multiple enemies coming out.

Wether I try on easy or insane, wave 5 is always a killer.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Are you using media? Media are not worth their cost until you are safe from enemies. You should only purchase workers and majors until you can handle the waves. Worked for me in the same situation!

moomin

Larva
I'm sure that will work. The point i'm trying to illustrate is that scale with economy for leafcutters doesn't work properly.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm sure that will work. The point i'm trying to illustrate is that scale with economy for leafcutters doesn't work properly.
Difficulty over time "Scale by colony" means the global difficulty modifier (displayed as percentage) is increased as the colony grows. Attack wave size depends on the Difficulty (easy, normal , etc) and size increases with every wave.

Wether I try on easy or insane, wave 5 is always a killer.
The creature composition of wave 5 is nearly certain doom for any species that is melee only. I think the developers said that, the attack waves are scaled for use with ereptor colonies. But I know wood ants can also stand their ground against them.

moomin

Larva
Yeah on my formicarium colony it's izi pizi. But I prefer the leafcutter way of life :) Bringing food to store it, process it and clean rubbish.
Imo the best addition ever :)

I only have like 30-45 minutes time to play the game per day. So that's plenty of time to get wrecked at the 5th wave for a 2nd or 3rd time :) Which I keep doing every day. Despite knowing I will get owned :)

The funny thing is, if I put it on hard or whatever the highest level is, (insane?) I still get to wave 4 relatively easy... Fingers crossed the leaf cutters get a tiny bit more love for free play.

I think, if I could run the leafcutter cutter through the challenges (if they had plants) I would be able to survive the 5th wave. (upgrades for queen and ants)

Either way, still havin fun getting owned every day so in the end it doesn't matter much as i'm not bored yet :p