Screen Shot Saturday - Are you afraid of spiders?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
**ARACHNOPHOBIA WARNING**

Are you afraid of spiders? If you're an ant, you should be - you don't want to get too near to a beach wolf spider unless you intend to kill it, which won't be easy. She's hungry, and ants are on the menu.

giphy.gif

Redmoth27

Queen
Backer
I feel like the spider should have more aggressive and violent movement like some real spiders, at least that live in my are. ???

Just to give people the chills. ;D

gurra9811

name is Gustav! at youre serves!
Backer
Beta Tester
the speed is terrifying as you gets clouse but i would agree to give it more aggressive moves when it attacks, like a it sting it and weeb it up and then eats you and if there more then just one then the old animasion is good i would say

FeaReaper_06

Larva
Backer
Wait couple question, when the spider eats something, does it regen health? And would you consider the spider above the tiger beetle?

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
FeaReaper_06 said:
Wait couple question, when the spider eats something, does it regen health? And would you consider the spider above the tiger beetle?

According to John - he is planning on the spider having a health regen but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. Also it won't be "above" the tiger beetle, it'll just operate very differently to it.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
gurra9811 said:
jesus, his so fast
You'd be surprised how fast ants can be. My pet Camponotus grow into 6-legged racing cars when temperatures rise above 30°C. They can easily rival spiders and even perform small jumps, similar to those that Huntsman spider do.

Actually now that I think about it, temperature influence would be a really cool thing - if it's colder most arthropods and amphibians/reptiles move and act at much lower speed (even deadly fungus would develop slower and aphids gave less honey dew). Even the brood development time could be affected.
Some animals - and even individual ant species - would be more affected than others which could make fights easier or harder depending on which species you fight and which ants you breed.

Even hotter and colder spots could be implemented with hotter spots allowing for faster brood development and faster honey dew production in aphids which both are essential to outcompete and overrun the enemy. That would actually allow for strategic positions on a map.