Screen Shot Saturday - Leaf Mimic Mantis vs Battle Arena

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Here's a little preview of the leafcutter update creatures added to the Battle Arena - also a convenient way to show off some more of the leaf mimic praying mantis. You'll notice it doesn't appear on the minimap until it begins its attack, and the leafcutter ants spawned on the left have to be pretty close to it in order to see it themselves (this makes more sense in the context of a jungle floor full of leaves).

You'll also notice it has the ability to pick up and consume an ant, killing it instantly and restoring health. The majors are a little big for it to devour in one go, but mediae and minors go straight down the hatch!

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
This is the most incredible screen shot saturday! First of all, I really do like the leaf cutter ant's look. Finally we get to see them like we will while actually playing the game (rather than camera mode pictures), and they look great! But what truly blew me away was that animation. Even when the game is complete with many more tiers of formicarium levels, countless more challenges and enemies, I am sure wolf spiders will be remembered as one of the most notorious enemies in the game. Hopefully you guys at Slug Disco will have the time to make unique kill animations for wolf spiders, devils coach horse beetles, and all of the other iconic enemies of your game to come.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I am sure wolf spiders will be remembered as one of the most notorious enemies in the game. Hopefully you guys at Slug Disco will have the time to make unique kill animations for wolf spiders, devils coach horse beetles, and all of the other iconic enemies of your game to come.

The wolf spider already has its own animation for it's Devour ability; it looks like a lunge or a pounce. Granted, it's not quite as conspicuous as literally picking up an ant and chowing down!