Screen Shot Saturday - Mole Cricket Attack!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The queen is in imminent danger! Unfortunately for her, the nest site she's chosen is infested with omnivorous mole crickets. They've had their fill of roots for the day, and are now on the hunt for protein-rich invertebrates. Such as ants.

In Empires of the Undergrowth, some levels have a "challenge" mode, where you can replay them with a special twist for more rewards. In this case, the first two levels can be replayed with the threat of mole crickets invading.

Special thanks to JeZardin, the Kickstarter backer who added the mole cricket to the game as part of their reward tier. It is a fine addition to the Undergrowth!

Last edited:

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
He suggested it, when he supported the game with about $80. He also talked with the devs about how it would work.

Farigo

Larva
Backer
Just wondering since I cant see the beta, how its going? and is there any update with the time scale? I know its annoying hearing the same question but i'm really looking forward to playing and any information would ease the wait :) thank you.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Farigo said:
Just wondering since I cant see the beta, how its going? and is there any update with the time scale? I know its annoying hearing the same question but i'm really looking forward to playing and any information would ease the wait :) thank you.

No worries! We're pushing through with beta - we think we've worked through the majority of the game-breakers (we had a few of these since we found we had to upgrade the engine version to fix one really huge issue, which of course caused a bunch of other issues). We're now in a balance phase, after which we'll send that out to our beta testers and get more feedback.

We have some other things marketing-wise we need to do too, such as a trailer (which is already well in the works) and an overhaul of the website. But rest assured, things are coming together!