Screen Shot Saturday - The New Formicarium

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
"Yes, yes, I know how to use a trowel!"

The colony's current home is not suitable for the next set of tests. In order to continue the experiment, the scientists will soon relocate the queen to a new Formicarium. She and a few of her workers will be relocated into this new setting, which has a few... extra features.

When this process happens, the colony will need to leave its food, construction and territory behind. However, it will be rewarded an amount of royal jelly for each territory point and item of food (spent or unspent). This can be spent on the new leafcutter majors or any upgrades and improvement the colony needs - this will help it get quickly back up to speed. All upgrade paths and minor improvements will also carry over.

lH4ZvAo.jpg

RhwVOcL.jpg

UOnioOR.jpg

StRatZv.jpg

I3ZsAKQ.jpg

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
This formicarium is amazing! Now I have more desire to play! (And less willing to wait for the update)
I see that there are some plants in the area accessed by ants, these plants could be picked up as food for the ants? Or are they just decorative?

Mr_Ced

Colony
Chill my dudes. Just wait and see! I am pretty sure it will be better if we just wait and see for ourselves.

Talon

Queen
Will we get the new Formicarium instent or do we have to play the Formicarium challange 3 (or 2 again)?

I ask, because I want to know if I should collect now all the remaining food left in my Formicariums outworld?

And specialy to the territory-points. Do we have to earn new ones to expand the colony again?

Oh and by the way, the new Formicarium looks amazing!

I don't know how it's gonna be possible to make suitables formicarium challenges for the following levels, my simple formicarium is enough powerful to stop a hundred adult beach tiger beetle so as sending ennemies wouldn't be possible (if the dev's want to have a game that is at least a little realistic (wich I know they want))

so I assume the next formicarium challenge will ask us to survive despite our colony being destructed by a trowel but even with that I don't think all the following formicarium challenges will make us change of place so I do not have many ideas of formicarium challenges possible that could override this problem of overpowering the colony (which is therefore rather realistic) and as the dev's want I wonder something like 10 formicarium challenges so I don't think how it's gonna be possible (sorry for the big pad)

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
so I assume the next formicarium challenge will ask us to survive despite our colony being destructed by a trowel but even with that I don't think all the following formicarium challenges will make us change of place so I do not have many ideas of formicarium challenges possible that could override this problem of overpowering the colony (which is therefore rather realistic) and as the dev's want I wonder something like 10 formicarium challenges so I don't think how it's gonna be possible (sorry for the big pad)

Current plan is 5 challenges to complete the game, btw.

There's some fun stuff planned for Formicarium Challenge 3 - we've said before it would be very boring if we just did waves of enemies again. Wait and see!

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
Current plan is 5 challenges to complete the game, btw.

There's some fun stuff planned for Formicarium Challenge 3 - we've said before it would be very boring if we just did waves of enemies again. Wait and see!

Me: Sees "fun stuff planned... it would be very boring if we just did waves of enemies again."
Cue PTSD flashbacks of spiders running in and mowing down my queen in seconds.
"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

This is going to be great.