Screenshot Saturday - A Few Seconds In

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Super simple one for Screenshot Saturday this week, considering how close we are. A shot of level 3.2 'Front Line' just a few seconds after loading. The most obvious thing to take away from it is that subtitles are now a thing, but there's a few other things to glean from it too.

4tlbfy3.jpg

Attachments

• subtitles.jpg
    subtitles.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

A cool guy

Worker
Oooooo! I love the texture! Are the ants just beside the queen minors? Because, looking at the previous comments, minums don't seem to do anything other than bringing waste to the refuse tiles.

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Oooooo! I love the texture! Are the ants just beside the queen minors? Because, looking at the previous comments, minums don't seem to do anything other than bringing waste the refuse tiles.

They also take leaf cuttings from the drop-off chambers to the nursery tiles where they become fungus. Having enough minims is really important! But no, in this specific shot there aren't any minims and they don't show up on the minimap.

A cool guy

Worker
They also take leaf cuttings from the drop-off chambers to the nursery tiles where they become fungus. Having enough minims is really important! But no, in this specific shot there aren't any minims and they don't show up on the minimap.
I see. Thank you so much for answering all my questions! :D

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
It is very interesting how you start, instead of having just three workers you have chambers, more workers, and soldiers.

Yep, in 3.2 you start with a small setup of minors and mediae. Following in the tradition of many great RTS games of partially-built bases for campaign missions, such as the Command & Conquer and Stacraft games :p

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
I thought the tiles of the quen will be 19 not 7. instead of extra 7 workers and 7 medias.
And in the interface how you know how many minis you have?
That giant red dot is a army ant nest. It's better not to know what it is.

Do you start out with that many tunnels and chambers? and not just 3 workers ( and of coarse minums) not complaining or anything.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Do you start out with that many tunnels and chambers? and not just 3 workers ( and of coarse minums) not complaining or anything.

Yes - following in the traditions set by Command & Conquer and Starcraft, you start this level with a partially-built nest, so you have a few extra minors and mediae to get your economy moving quickly. You'll need it.