Screenshot Saturday - Fire Ant Attacks

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
As well as biting, fire ants attack with their sting. They get their name from the burning sensation experienced when being stung by them! The sting causes venom damage whilst the bite causes regular physical damage.

Still in development is the system that will allow these ants to climb up on bigger creatures, latch on to them and deliver several painful stings. We'll show that off when it's ready!

Raptorr575

Worker
So these ants will be able to build bridges and climb up on larger creatures to sting them?

I needed those ants without knowing it.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Judging by their stats, I am pretty sure fire ants will be a damage-dealing unit, much like the rufa ants. Whereas leafcutter majors and fusca will be reinforcers.

pakitane16

Colony
Judging by their stats, I am pretty sure fire ants will be a damage-dealing unit, much like the rufa ants. Whereas leafcutter majors and fusca will be reinforcers.
Did they reveal fire ant stats?
John said something from last stream: Fire ants should sting after every few bites, their bites are pititful but their stings are powerful. Their combined damage per second will be a bit less than black ants but they make up for being cheaper.

Mr_Ced

Colony
Did they reveal fire ant stats?
John said something from last stream: Fire ants should sting after every few bites, their bites are pititful but their stings are powerful. Their combined damage per second will be a bit less than black ants but they make up for being cheaper.
You are forgetting their abilities. One will make them powerful for five minutes, and the other will allow them to hatch for free. Both can be used in a wave fashion with rufa, if the player chooses to buff venom damage instead of physical.

Talon

Queen
Nice! What's the Location where we will be playing solenopsis invicta? Or is this a secret yet?