Shelled animals

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Since everything will die 100% if it comes in contact with a predator, assuming that it is a forager or filter feeder, I think you should add animals with shells so they don't just die when a predator tries to consume them. To balance this, you could make them move slower, get distracted by food easier, and are easier to catch etc...
Now I've seen that you've added the shellfish option in the demo of the game so can you send me some concept art on what they will look like because my description could be very similar with what you have already planned to do. Thanks! If it doesn't fit my description, maybe you could include some form of early squids, nautilus and ammo lite s . Speaking of early lifeforms, I think there should be the simplicity of the creature that is going to spawn in, maybe it could be as simple as the stuff that you can find in the cam brain period or as complex as chimpanzees.

Last edited:

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
This is the ecosystem forum. I was talking about the shelled creatures that are in the other game "Ecosystem" and not Empires of the Undergrowth .

miky

Worker
or a more complex combat mechanism and the damage wont count when prey touch predator it will count each time prey touch one of predators mouth and it bite or if predator will have something like spikes and that will dont instant kill the prey they will just damage it and when the predator evolve its ammount of damage that it give from mouth will increase or decrease

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Since everything will die 100% if it comes in contact with a predator, assuming that it is a forager or filter feeder, I think you should add animals with shells so they don't just die when a predator tries to consume them. To balance this, you could make them move slower, get distracted by food easier, and are easier to catch etc...
Now I've seen that you've added the shellfish option in the demo of the game so can you send me some concept art on what they will look like because my description could be very similar with what you have already planned to do. Thanks! If it doesn't fit my description, maybe you could include some form of early squids, nautilus and ammo lite s . Speaking of early lifeforms, I think there should be the simplicity of the creature that is going to spawn in, maybe it could be as simple as the stuff that you can find in the cam brain period or as complex as chimpanzees.
That button was meant as a placeholder for crustaceans, who would crawl along the seafloor (though there is a chance this may not make it into the final game or an early access launch). But I have been thinking of enabling higher level traits (eg bioluminescence or ink clouds) and shells are on that list and I was loosely thinking of implementing them in the way you describe. I don't have any concept art for it though, sorry!

or a more complex combat mechanism and the damage wont count when prey touch predator it will count each time prey touch one of predators mouth and it bite or if predator will have something like spikes and that will dont instant kill the prey they will just damage it and when the predator evolve its ammount of damage that it give from mouth will increase or decrease
I like this and was considering implementing something like it. It would allow for more or less deadly predators and also could let foragers fight other foragers over territory, which I think could be pretty interesting.