Some thoughts and questions

So after playing for like an hour i liked the base idea of the game but i would recommend maybe increasing the access to nutrient points so that we can place more food sources and have a faster start and adding a sandbox mode where there is no "point system" and players can freely experiment and do anything.I would also like to ask whether this game will include both sea creatures,land and flying species and perhaps a microcosmos or be limited to just the water biomes. Also is there any chance of adding sapient creatures with the ability to create some sort of community like ants or if there is any terrestrial species to harness the power of fire and have the ability to shape its environment to its will,including building structures or creating farmlands?Lastly when do you expect the next big update to the demo be released, if there is going to be any more.I wish the development team good luck with your new game and look forward to new updates.

Last edited:
So after playing for like an hour i liked the base idea of the game but i would recommend maybe increasing the access to nutrient points so that we can place more food sources and have a faster start and adding a sandbox mode where there is no "point system" and players can freely experiment and do anything.I would also like to ask whether this game will include both sea creatures,land and flying species and perhaps a microcosmos or be limited to just the water biomes.Lastly when do you expect the next big update to the demo be released, if there is going to be any more.I wish the development team good luck with your new game and look forward to new updates.

For now, the Battle Arena will suffice for a sandbox where you can mess with creature spawn.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
So after playing for like an hour i liked the base idea of the game but i would recommend maybe increasing the access to nutrient points so that we can place more food sources and have a faster start and adding a sandbox mode where there is no "point system" and players can freely experiment and do anything.I would also like to ask whether this game will include both sea creatures,land and flying species and perhaps a microcosmos or be limited to just the water biomes. Also is there any chance of adding sapient creatures with the ability to create some sort of community like ants or if there is any terrestrial species to harness the power of fire and have the ability to shape its environment to its will,including building structures or creating farmlands?Lastly when do you expect the next big update to the demo be released, if there is going to be any more.I wish the development team good luck with your new game and look forward to new updates.

I think Tom is intent on adding a sandbox mode for the finished game. The game is focusing on marine life so no terrestrial or airborne creatures.

For now, the Battle Arena will suffice for a sandbox where you can mess with creature spawn.

You're in the Ecosystem subforum, antlover :p

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester

Thank you for the well-wishes! I experimented a little bit with land creatures, but unfortunately it seems like evolving to balance on legs must require either a vast amount of time or much larger populations than the game can simulate at once. I was able to get creatures that drag their bodies around, which to me resembled crabs or other crustaceans, so that might be a real possibility. I will probably limit the game to aquatic environments, but I would like to include more different types of such environments, such as deep sea communities around vents in lightless conditions, cave systems, mangrove forests and the like.