Steam keys have been sent out!

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Copypasta from the blog:

Please note: this is not the release of the game, just the Steam keys in preparation for your Early Access this summer!

Backers, rejoice! Steam keys for Empires of the Undergrowth have now been sent to your emails. This will be the email associated with your Kickstarter account, or with your PayPal account if you backed after the campaign – so please check that for your key (also check your junk mail folder just in case, sometimes your email provider can confuse things as spam).

There are a few things to be aware of here, so please read them:

If you are a beta backer, your key will allow you to download the Backer’s Demo through Steam immediately! When the game goes into beta testing in a few months, your Backer’s Demo will update to be the beta Early Access version.
If you are not a beta backer, your key will allow you to add Empires of the Undergrowth to your Steam library, but not download anything yet. When Early Access is released this summer, you will have immediate access to it through Steam.
If you backed a tier that includes additional copies of the game, you will receive additional normal keys (not beta keys). You are free to share these with your family and friends, and once activated, they will also get Early Access in the summer.

The guys are now soaring ahead to the Early Access release this summer. Once things have settled down from the Steam key release, the three of them will be knuckling down hard to reach that goal, so there won’t be any more demo updates until early access, barring major bug fixes. The upside of this is – there’s only a few months to wait! Early Access will bring the surface, lots of new missions, new ant types, and new modes of play. Exciting times ahead!

Go ahead and redeem your Steam keys now! We’re really excited to finally get to this stage – it’s been a long time coming.

Chaospinhead

Larva
Backer
Beta Tester
In the text it says when the game goes into beta testing in a few months, then it says the game will be early access in a few months? Beta is coming before early access right? lol :) Literally have ants in my pants anticipation for beta 8)

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We think beta testing will be about a month before Early Access happens. We're relying on you guys to spearhead us into ant victory!

Sneakystephen said:
I don't appear to have received the email, can you look into it for me please :)

We shall look into it. Keep an eye on your mails!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Sneakystephen said:
I don't appear to have received the email, can you look into it for me please :)

Could you check your junk folder, if it is not there I can resend it. Let me know what tier you backed on and I will look you up.

Sneakystephen

Larva
Backer
John said:
Sneakystephen said:

Could you check your junk folder, if it is not there I can resend it. Let me know what tier you backed on and I will look you up.

Yeh I've checked the spam folder and it definitely isn't there. I don't recall what tier I backed on but I do recall paying roughly a tenner.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Right, I will send it you again but from a gmail account in case for some reason it is our email sending that is causing the issue. Check your email now let me know if you got it.

Hello!
I have never recieved my Steam key. I've checked every folder of my gmail account, what can i do to recieve it?

Best Regards

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Neonfire92 said:
Hello!
I have never recieved my Steam key. I've checked every folder of my gmail account, what can i do to recieve it?

Best Regards

Hi - please send us a PM either on here or on Facebook with the email address you used for the Kickstarter account you used to support us. We'll check our records then can re-send the key.

Hi there, I purchased Empires Of The Undergrowth on Steam on the 25 of May 2018, does that qualify for me to get a key as well? Because i also didn't receive any keys...

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Kelevra69 said:
Hi there, I purchased Empires Of The Undergrowth on Steam on the 25 of May 2018, does that qualify for me to get a key as well? Because i also didn't receive any keys...

You bought and activated a key by buying the game on Steam :)

DerSucher said:
Could you take a look for me as well please?

Send me the email address you used to back the game and I will check the records.