[Suggestion] {2020-03-15 17:11:41 Build} Some way for the player to 'group' beetles for breeding purposes

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Currently I have not encountered a way to 'seperate' my beetles with a different attack type from the others when breeding.
If the beetles were 'grouped' on attack type and showed their 'superior allels' within their group and outside their group, that would give better oversight when breeding while trying to maintain the different attack types I think?

Liam

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
There are a lot of features I'd like on that breeding screen but I can see that a lot of people would be overwhelmed by more options. The game can be played for a while without completely understanding the breeding system. Though once you've got the hang of the basics, it would be nice to be able to voluntarily activate an "advanced" screen that showed family trees, effects of competing genes (I haven't considered the competing genes in my plays yet), and recessive attack type traits that are hidden currently but would be really useful to know if you were about to breed two biters that could spawn a vampire.

Since playing more, I'd like to be able to sort by max alleles (regardless of whether they are one sided or two sided), and also to be able to sub-sort by stat. I'd also like to be able to select beetles to discount when generating the blue stars to show unique alleles so I can follow stats without having to remember where to look on long breeding sessions.

Then again, I'm suggesting features that I'd want in a piece of technical software to make my life easier. Keeping an eye on 2-3 genes at once through several breedings, coming up with a naming convention for your beetles to help you remember, and then ultimately getting what you want delivers a satisfying sense of achievement.