Suggestion: Ant Rebalance - Part II

TheRexYo

Queen
Awhile back I posted a thread that suggested a small buff for Melee Rufa ants. Now that I look at the other ant species, I realize that not all of them are balanced, either. Today, I am going to make a brief suggestion to improve the Army Ant Media, whose low cost is simply not enough to make them viable - yet. There are multiple possible solutions to this. To name a few:
  1. Make the Army Ants cost less to build. Perhaps give them a 20 cost, like workers, since they're supposed to be expendable troops of a similar nature, just built for combat instead of gathering and construction.
  2. Make the Army Ants cost less to hatch. Yeah, they just got a buff to this, but they still aren't quite worth it. To use this method, they may even need to cost 1 food.
  3. Give them a special ability. My suggestion is to have them get a slight damage boost based on the number of nearby allies. This will make their low cost a powerful asset, as building them in large numbers will actually make them stronger.
Anyway, thanks for reading, and see ya' later!

Mr_Ced

Colony
Awhile back I posted a thread that suggested a small buff for Melee Rufa ants. Now that I look at the other ant species, I realize that not all of them are balanced, either. Today, I am going to make a brief suggestion to improve the Army Ant Media, whose low cost is simply not enough to make them viable - yet. There are multiple possible solutions to this. To name a few:
  1. Make the Army Ants cost less to build. Perhaps give them a 20 cost, like workers, since they're supposed to be expendable troops of a similar nature, just built for combat instead of gathering and construction.
  2. Make the Army Ants cost less to hatch. Yeah, they just got a buff to this, but they still aren't quite worth it. To use this method, they may even need to cost 1 food.
  3. Give them a special ability. My suggestion is to have them get a slight damage boost based on the number of nearby allies. This will make their low cost a powerful asset, as building them in large numbers will actually make them stronger.
Anyway, thanks for reading, and see ya' later!
The problem with the small army ants is that there are two other ants that are available to you that already fill the melee role.

There's also the problem of how effective they will be over time. They hardly do enough damage or have enough health to be viable long term. Even with cost buffs comes the amount of workers required to supply the chambers.

TheRexYo

Queen
The problem with the small army ants is that there are two other ants that are available to you that already fill the melee role.

There's also the problem of how effective they will be over time. They hardly do enough damage or have enough health to be viable long term. Even with cost buffs comes the amount of workers required to supply the chambers.
Fair point. Perhaps my third suggestion would be best, then. That numbers-based damage buff would make them useful in larger numbers.