Suggestion for future update: Pharaoh Ants

magichris

Larva
so just quickly, i really like making ideas for games and because i love this game i just wanna make some quick suggestions. Also because I'm bored. Pharaoh ants, you know those pesky little guys who show up in your house and you have no idea where they came from. These little guys would be really weak both in damage and health. However i think maybe for every ant that's within a specified radius they have a 1x multiplier to damage and health. Also because these ants are so small all the tiles that they place (Nurseries, food storage, and boost tiles) are all smaller and split into fours, also the tiles they dig are split. I have two mission ideas. 5:1 Ant colony has to survive waves of fleeing bugs. The bugs are running from a flooding river after heavy rains. They are attacking you in-order to get into inside the house the colony is settled under. You have to survive one day-and-night cycle. 5:2 An invasive species of Argentine ants is settled nearby and is collecting food in-order to build a massive super-colony and decimate the local insect population, including your ant colony. Drive the Invaders out by building a superior army. Also because the Pharaoh is a common house pest i wanted to include some more house pest enemy/food. The two food creatures would be Silverfish (Lepisma saccharina) and earwigs(Doru aculeatum). the two aggressive one would be cockroaches(Periplaneta americana) and House centipedes(Scutigera coleoptrata). These 4 would live in the underground area the colony would live in. While i also wanted to add 3 more creatures that would spawn in the above ground area. The Assassin bug(Zelus longipes), Scorpion spider, and Argentine ants(Linepithema humile). This takes place in southern Texas near mexico. so yeah whatcha think? Good? Bad?

Last edited:

Blitz674

Worker
so just quickly, i really like making ideas for games and because i love this game i just wanna make some quick suggestions. Also because I'm bored. Pharaoh ants, you know those pesky little guys who show up in your house and you have no idea where they came from. These little guys would be really weak both in damage and health. However i think maybe for every ant that's within a specified radius they have a 1x multiplier to damage and health. Also because these ants are so small all the tiles that they place (Nurseries, food storage, and boost tiles) are all smaller and split into fours, also the tiles they dig are split. I have two mission ideas. 5:1 Ant colony has to survive waves of fleeing bugs. The bugs are running from a flooding river after heavy rains. They are attacking you in-order to get into inside the house the colony is settled under. You have to survive one day-and-night cycle. 5:2 An invasive species of Argentine ants is settled nearby and is collecting food in-order to build a massive super-colony and decimate the local insect population, including your ant colony. Drive the Invaders out by building a superior army. Also because the Pharaoh is a common house pest i wanted to include some more house pest enemy/food. The two food creatures would be Silverfish (Lepisma saccharina) and earwigs(Doru aculeatum). the two aggressive one would be cockroaches(Periplaneta americana) and House centipedes(Scutigera coleoptrata). These 4 would live in the underground area the colony would live in. While i also wanted to add 3 more creatures that would spawn in the above ground area. The Assassin bug(Zelus longipes), Scorpion spider, and Argentine ants(Linepithema humile). This takes place in southern Texas near mexico. so yeah whatcha think? Good? Bad?
Love the idea! Also pharaoh ant have LOTS of queens. Enough that sometimes queens come out and eat killed food at the source.

pakitane16

Colony
After a bit of reading and watching this video:
I think Pharaoh ants are better suited as enemy. They are 1/5 the size of Formica fusca, but ingame we should make them as big as spiderling so we can actually see. Make worker cost 10 and warrior cost 20, give them half the HP of Ereptor worker but twice as fast, they can have the evade ability of Ereptor worker too. Because they form super colony irl, they can have multiple queen which we must kill all of them to win. We may also give them the stealth ability of mantis, given they usually appear out of nowhere and invade other species nest.
About assassin bug, there is an African species that cover themselves with dead ants to defend against spider. We can make them tanky when armoured, and speedy when naked.

with this species being so much smaller than most other ants I'd rather it as a frustrating enemy type rather than an ant I can use