[Suggestion] Freeplay minimum wait time for ubers after spawning before they can attack the nest

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
It took that uber about 30 seconds to invade the nest, it also went streight for the queen:

I feel like ubers should be alive for at least some time before attacking the nest? (At the very least long enough for the player to call back their forces)

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I agree it doesn't feel fair to be nuked by an uber so fast after they spawn. Sort of defeats the purpose of warning a player there is one.
You have a suggestion to kill an Uber Adult Coachhorse (challenge rating is 78%) with just level 3 Ereptor Workers and Level 3 Black Ants?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
You have a suggestion to kill an Uber Adult Coachhorse (challenge rating is 78%) with just level 3 Ereptor Workers and Level 3 Black Ants?
Uber AoE could probably use a decrease in power. Their abilities should probably not hit enemies behind them and reach a bit less further out.

Their auto-attack might be a bit much as well. An AoE hit for all ubers should probably have a short CD, with auto-attacks being single-target. They melt through tanks really quickly as of now, even with huge numbers of high level ants.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I will look into some of this this week. Unfortunately this ties in with the hungry spider levels now so a change to ubers means a re-balance (not that the Christmas level is balanced anyway)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Currently I think ubers are possible to kill with a massive army of formica ereptor, and even then you often need to rely on the queens ability. Gonna take a look at getting them to a point where other species can feasibly kill them.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Currently I think ubers are possible to kill with a massive army of formica ereptor, and even then you often need to rely on the queens ability. Gonna take a look at getting them to a point where other species can feasibly kill them.
I think the reason F. ereptor and F. rufa do so well against ubers is because an uber only needs 1 ant in melee range to stay put for the duration of its attack animation. As long as there is a constant stream of melee ants the uber stays put and the ranged ants can group up and kill it.

pakitane16

Colony
Do you mean the fully unlocked ereptor or just the ereptor workers? I test in Arena and workers can't even take on 2 large hermit crabs, their pitiful damage is nothing to the self-healing ability.

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Do you mean the fully unlocked ereptor or just the ereprot workers? I test in Arena and workers can't even take on 2 large hermit crabs, their pitiful damage is nothing to the self-healing ability.
I assume it is the ereptor colony (including assimilated species). That would be leafcutter majors + wood ant ranged ants + black ants.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Right I will go over a few changes that are coming that will effect ubers.

Firstly they are now effected by a change coming that will effect a few abilities, AOE Damage Dropoff. When applied to an ability this reduces damage the further the creature is from the epicentre of the hit (0 at edge full in middle). This is being applied to the ubers standard attack.

Secondly I am introducing a new stat - AOEResistance. If a creature has this ten if they are hit by an AOE but are more than 10 (very small) from the impact location then the damage is reduced by that percentage. Currently I am only giving this to black ants (20%) but I also intend on using it to a higher degree with Fire ants so they are not totally ruined by a single AOE. It also reduced the damage of damage over time effects coming from an attack.

And finally I am re-tuning there attack and abilities, making sure each one has a weakness of some kind and that all can possibly be killed by any colony (it will still be a costly endeavour to fight them with black ants, but it wont automatically be game over if one goes for you queen). I have re-balanced 3 Ubers so far, 5 to go!