[Suggestion] Option to lock fps counter to always be visible

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
A suggestion I'd like to float up here, a setting for setting the fps counter to always visible instead of on mouse-over of the menu button only.
Might be usefull to help spot performance related issues?

Last edited:

MedinB

Colony
Here is some online guide I found, I just pasted it here. Hope it helps.
In Steam (while no games are running), just head to Steam > Settings > In-Game and then pick a position for the FPS display from the “In-game FPS counter” dropdown. Look at the corner of the screen you chose while playing a game and you'll see the FPS counter.

fps_1-650x459.png
ice_screenshot_20200119-225229.png

Last edited:

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
If you use steam...
You can...
Steps...
In Steam (while no games are running), just head to Steam > Settings > In-Game and then pick a position for the FPS display from the “In-game FPS counter” dropdown. Look at the corner of the screen you chose while playing a game and you'll see the FPS counter.
I totally forgot that Steam had that option!
Errr... I tried it:
EotU fps counter keeps jumping up and down while Steam fps counter stays rougly at the same number.
(Steam fps counter in the top right corner.)

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I'm not sure why it jumps up and down those big numbers. I'm sure Steam's FPS system is accurate.
Maybe Steam fps displays average frame rate over a much longer time than the in-game fps counter does? As the Steam fps counter is much smoother in its change. (Steam fps changes 1 or 2 fps up or down at a time, while in-game fps changes 50 or more at a time.)