The Friendly Spider

Nyxeon

Larva
The other day I did a mission (rising tide if that matters) and when I got a food drop with it came a Large Wolf Spider. Finding that a bit odd i sent my entire army out to meet it and the spider does nothing. The spider animates somewhat I can see the legs moving and it scratches itself but other then that the spider stays in that spot and it cannot be attacked nor does it attack. I beat Formicarium challenge 3 for a reference to where I am at and I did not order wolf spiders to fight for it to spawn in. The spider has been there for a few real world days now. I have named her Octavia by this point XD. Pretty sure this is a glitch though lol.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The other day I did a mission (rising tide if that matters) and when I got a food drop with it came a Large Wolf Spider. Finding that a bit odd i sent my entire army out to meet it and the spider does nothing. The spider animates somewhat I can see the legs moving and it scratches itself but other then that the spider stays in that spot and it cannot be attacked nor does it attack. I beat Formicarium challenge 3 for a reference to where I am at and I did not order wolf spiders to fight for it to spawn in. The spider has been there for a few real world days now. I have named her Octavia by this point XD. Pretty sure this is a glitch though lol.
Is it identical to this?:
http://forum.slugdisco.com/index.ph...reature-inside-the-formicarium-outworld.4788/
I also had the same thing happening with a mantis in that same session. It was frozen and could not be attacked.

Durburz

Worker
My experience has been less-than-optimal as I have had mealworms stuck almost every colony that I started instead of cool creatures like spiders or mantises.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I'm almost tempted to not log this as a bug report because of the wholesomeness.
You should. And then add the option to nametag some creatures so you can keep them as pets. For example the spider goes into a peaceful god mode and cannot be touched and even if it attacks the attack drops to 0. :p
This way people can keep a single pet and maybe even throw in some special food pellets only for them so it would look like they are taking care of them. :)
And yes I also want a pet insect for my ant colony that I can call Luna or Chip. ;P

MedinB

Colony
Happened to me! I don't know where this spider came from, probably when I beaten 3.1 on an older version because of the crash I had. Then switched to the beta. What should I call this spider looking at me, creepily...
Capture.PNG