The future of the black ants

Raptorr575

Worker
I have a question that has been on my mind for a while, with the arrival of the fire ants, won't the black ants become a bit useless in battle ?

Mr_Ced

Colony
I have a question that has been on my mind for a while, with the arrival of the fire ants, won't the black ants become a bit useless in battle ?
Most likely not. Fire ants are going to be very disposable compared to the other species. Their special abilities revolve around them dying repeatedly.
Black ants, on the other hand, are very well rounded melee soldiers necessary for early, mid and late game as front line units.

TheRexYo

Queen
Black Ants are AoE-resistant and partially piercing (depending on upgrades), effectively making them the superior choice against bigger creatures and (after AI colonies are released) mortars.

MedinB

Colony
I would like more species instead of seeing same species of colonies when AI releases. They probably are not late game fighters, but they are still very helpful.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I would like more species instead of seeing same species of colonies when AI releases. They probably are not late game fighters, but they are still very helpful.
as someone wrote in another post of mine about Messor Barbarus:" They go for quality rather than quantity." Or something close to that. Anyway they could technically just redesign some of the antspecies and that would be that but it is much more interesting to see a couple different species that are more unique than have the same kind of ants all the time.

TheRexYo

Queen
They are kind of useless they are the least most powerful ant in the game
They are actually more cost-efficient than most units. So, in terms of sheer stats, they are among the best. However, I get what you're saying - they aren't really all that special. Not only do they lack abilities altogether, they also don't have any cool non-ability perks (like the Slavemaker ant's amazing upgrade curve) to make up for it.

They are kind of useless they are the least most powerful ant in the game
well, not only are they very cost efficient, but with the self repair they basically become mutalisks, they are also very effective when inside the aura of major ants, they can act as canon fodder (their numbers and cost efficiency go very well with an aura, if you try 19 lvl 3 black ant with 1 major, with enough supplies they can wipe out the counterpart colony even in crooked) they can also be an intervention unit (their stats and health regen allow them to be incredibely efficient against big numbers of scattered, weak units) they can protect worker lines better than mortars, and with more numbers than just majors, using them rewards immensely good micro, their minor improvements also allow them to pierce armor, which means they can be used against big enemies, which counters the fact that mortar ants are better against groups, in a late game freeplay against enemy colonies you'll need them, by example if you want to kill a colony you'll be attacked by reinforcements from their allies, you'll need some canon fodder to protect your mortars

TheRexYo

Queen
well, not only are they very cost efficient, but with the self repair they basically become mutalisks, they are also very effective when inside the aura of major ants, they can act as canon fodder (their numbers and cost efficiency go very well with an aura, if you try 19 lvl 3 black ant with 1 major, with enough supplies they can wipe out the counterpart colony even in crooked) they can also be an intervention unit (their stats and health regen allow them to be incredibely efficient against big numbers of scattered, weak units) they can protect worker lines better than mortars, and with more numbers than just majors, using them rewards immensely good micro, their minor improvements also allow them to pierce armor, which means they can be used against big enemies, which counters the fact that mortar ants are better against groups, in a late game freeplay against enemy colonies you'll need them, by example if you want to kill a colony you'll be attacked by reinforcements from their allies, you'll need some canon fodder to protect your mortars
They are all-purpose. But Melees are better cannon fodder.