[The Other Foot Bug v0.2131] Randomly Ended Up With Defeat Screen.

I was just playing The Other Foot a few minutes ago, trying medium difficulty, when suddenly Tiger Beetles appeared, so I was sending my army. But I don't think the level liked that xD. This happened at the end of the 2nd formicarium challenge, when the Tiger Beetles invade. My queen was still alive.

And oh! Before I forgot, when you see your score, the title was showing "Defeat - Formicarium Challenge 3"or something like that.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I was just playing The Other Foot a few minutes ago, trying medium difficulty, when suddenly Tiger Beetles appeared, so I was sending my army. But I don't think the level liked that xD. This happened at the end of the 2nd formicarium challenge, when the Tiger Beetles invade. My queen was still alive.
Did you send workers to the tube while under attack? If the progress bar that was visible on the top of the screen runs out, you lose.

And oh! Before I forgot, when you see your score, the title was showing "Defeat - Formicarium Challenge 3"or something like that.
The "The Other Foot" level is based on the "Formicarium Challenge 3" level blueprint. So the name that is used there was copied, but has not been changed yet.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Noted to change the level name on the defeat screen.

This is the first I have heard of a random defeat. Will wait to hear of others report it before looking into it (could be the progress bar as you say Hof)

Durburz

Worker
I can also confirm the random defeats. This happened to me twice already on Insane. It was indeed during the 2nd fight where you have to send workers to the tube. Except I had already send 40+ workers to the tube and the bar was full. Halfway during I killed off a wave and then lost when there was nothing inside my nest and the bar was still over 50% filled.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Except I had already send 40+ workers to the tube and the bar was full. Halfway during I killed off a wave and then lost when there was nothing inside my nest and the bar was still over 50% filled.
Hmmm... Could it be the progressbar (GUI element) can overflow, but the real progress (level variable) cannot? If the progressbar is using increments and decrements to stay at the level progress value it might get out of sync if the value gets incremented to 100%?

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I can also confirm the random defeats. This happened to me twice already on Insane. It was indeed during the 2nd fight where you have to send workers to the tube. Except I had already send 40+ workers to the tube and the bar was full. Halfway during I killed off a wave and then lost when there was nothing inside my nest and the bar was still over 50% filled.
Did you use upgraded worker ants? (Trying to replicate)

Durburz

Worker
Hmmm... Could it be the progressbar (GUI element) can overflow, but the real progress (level variable) cannot? If the progressbar is using increments and decrements to stay at the level progress value it might get out of sync if the value gets incremented to 100%?

I had wondered if that had happened too, where it shows high value on the bar but the actual progress bar is lower than displayed. In both cases I had indeed filled the bar to max at the start of the attack waves.

Did you use upgraded worker ants? (Trying to replicate)

I don't think so, I think I used a group of foragers of 32 regular + 19 or so from the nursery group to stuff the pipe and then reverted the nursery group back to nursing. The first time this bug happened I didn't think too much of it, just maybe random bug. However, the second instance I was fully dominating the surface with nothing in my nest and the bar was still over 50% filled so I couldn't have possibly lost.