The Other Foot Enemy Queen Nuked

Mr_Ced

Colony
I was playing this on hard mode and got to the end, except the Queen's ability triggered but didn't save her. This was because the army ants did so much damage in a short amount of time.
The ability that was used should have a short immunity time, otherwise it takes too long for the respawning ants to save her.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
On hard I think she only gets one of her abilities, the one of hrer abilities so probably the army replacement one and not the save her life one. Maybe she should get both on hard?

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
On hard I think she only gets one of her abilities, the one of hrer abilities so probably the army replacement one and not the save her life one. Maybe she should get both on hard?

I think adding another queen ability isn't necessary for hard. I don't know if this is the case for anyone else, but I had to cheaply use the queen ability's free respawning of ants to win the final wave on hard. I had to place down army ant major tiles as I got the food to build them, without any concern of saving food for more respawns. This would allow me to get more army ant majors spawned when the queen ability was activated.

With the enemy colony, it is the easier part of the level, but I think if they had a queen ability and made a huge push with their army, they could take control of the middle again, get food (the food drops get pretty significant later on in the level), and rebuild. Probably best to leave that second ability for insane.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I didn't want to final bit to be too difficulty as its a long level and losing after all of that feels really bad. Will wait to see what other think before I make any more changes.