The update is coming!

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Just though I would give you an idea what we are up to on a day like today.

Last night before starting the final package I played the entire game to make sure nothing too major was broken. That ended quite late so I set the package going satisfied and went to bed.

This morning I begin the uploads to various store fronts (we have 3) and during this upload I realise I have left in the message about the build being a beta build. After a short discussion we decided we cannot leave it in and off we go to package again. That has unfortunately set us back slightly (This is why we don't give exact release times :p).

On top of making packages, as these packages finish I am uploading them to various places ready for the launch and organising them and there associated debug files in case we get some crashes and need to investigate them.

The uploading process sometimes involves zipping up the files and sending it over, sometimes using store front tools to upload them (these are better as they detect what has changed and only upload that).

I am also updating screenshots and videos on store fronts. Matt is working on the Mac package and Liam is working on marketing activities once we have gone live. If we had no problems packaging for 3 platforms and posting to 3 store fronts would take about 7 or 8 hours but we are nearly there now. Its been a long day already!

Should not be long now! We wont keep you waiting all day! We want this up as much as you do!

Oooh package upload finished, back to it!