There are no underground critters or food caches, in any mode.

I logged in today for the first time in probably a week and discovered that I have no underground critters or food caches in any mode. Not in freeplay, or the alpha demo levels. I have reinstalled the game, I have rebooted my computer, I have tried opening from desktop vs. Steam. Same thing every time.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
First report of this.

We'll need a lot more information to try and reproduce this - it's a unique problem.

I took a couple of screenshots but I can not figure out how to upload them. In all the alpha demo levels and in the freeplay mode I have solid black instead of the usual question marks and what not. I can't clear the screen in the Alpha Demo Levels because there are the occasional critter that pops up and kills my three workers. The number of critters however is far less then normal. Only one or two for the entire area. In freeplay mode I have cleared the entire area and have found nothing, no food caches or critters. I have played computer-bug free until now.

Processor: AMD FX-8350 Eight-core
Memory: 8 GB Ram
DirectX Version: 11
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Hi!

We introduced a mode in the settings called Realistic mode that hides all this sort of thing. Make sure that is not on as it will prevent you seeing where food and creatures are underground.

Just check the menu settings for this option.