Time for a Paradigm Shift?

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Did some testing with lvl 3 ants. It seems like they are actually a bit more food efficient due to reduced hatching costs. For most levels, this won't matter, as there's too much to gain from having more lvl 1 ants, but for 3.X the lvl 3 majors: (1) are far less costly at lvl 3 since they're so strong, especially with damage resistance on T majors and AoE stun on S majors; (2) will be needed soon for the 3.X challenge; (3) can handle a lot of the strong AoE in the jungle from rove A beetles and DBCs.

MedinB

Colony
I've done some testing in the battle arena. I might say some complex stuff but whatever. I did a taunt major vs an LVL 3 black ant. LVL 1 Taunt Major won, obviously. Then, I DID 3 LVL 3 Black ants. It defeated the LVL 1 Taunt Major. You spent 600 food on those black ants to kill a taunt major... 1 for the tile, 2 for the upgrade, 3 for an upgrade, and 4 for the LVL 3. 150 × 3 = 450. (If have no special or other abilities)

I went testing for an LVL 1 stun major. It took 4 LVL 3 Black ants to kill it. As we said, it takes 150 food to give it max level 150. But 200 I guess you could say, but we used 150 food on the tile to place it and upgrade it. (place: (lvl-1)-Upgrade 100-Some may think of 3 upgrades.) 150 × 4 = 600. You pretty much used 600 food to kill an LVL 1 Stun Major.

So in conclusion. You want more majors.

Last edited:

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Black ants are an exception to upgrade efficiency, as their upgrades don't give them much extra health. This means AoE or just good damage nukes them. It's also hard to compare them that way since the lvl 1 black ants aren't very good either.

In order for the test to be fair, the lvl 3 should be sent in three waves in normal conditions, since they can be hatched the same number of times as lvl 1 black ants, and this should be compared to how three times the lvl 1 black ants fair.

Lvl 3 leafcutter majors are much more efficient upgraded than most other ants. Not only do they almost beat other lvl 1 leafcutter majors without respawns, they tend to be better at fighting groups with AoE damage. Test equal food arrangements against M and L DBCs, for example. In addition, if they both win with only a few survivors, this is better for the lvl 3 which spend 75 if all 5 die versus spending 225 if all 15 die.