Time Warp

This game is mainly based on evolution and the problem with watching it is it takes a long time for creatures to even evolve using the natural selection so they can move around under control, so I think a time warp would be very useful to skip through evolution and see some proper creatures.

Tom Johnson

Worker
Developer of Ecosystem
This game is mainly based on evolution and the problem with watching it is it takes a long time for creatures to even evolve using the natural selection so they can move around under control, so I think a time warp would be very useful to skip through evolution and see some proper creatures.
I've thought about this some too! It's a good idea, but tricky to implement because there's no way to predict the outcome other than letting everything play out. So it would be necessary to run all physics / AI /etc at higher speed, but for almost all PCs, it takes everything the CPU has just to keep it running smoothly in real-time. I'll keep it in mind though and there may be ways to run a sort of pocket universe, like a small population of a single species, in high speed.