Trap jaw colonies.

person111

Colony
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I do not know if this is already implemented or suggested but I think that you should be able to build Trap-jaw colonies.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Trapjaws don't have queens, they have Gamergates/Gyne (HeAd worker lays eggs) so you'll be able to move the Gyne and constantly have to not send out your workers less you risk killing the Gyne.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
actually trapjaws do have Queens that gets replaced by a Gamergate when they die
Your thinking of some Honeypot Ants, the Gamergate in Trapjaws look like queens. Confusing, I know.
In the original Naturwissenschaften paper where the term "gamergate" was first used, O. berthoudi is referred to by the synonym Pachycondyla berthoudi.

King Maf

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Your thinking of some Honeypot Ants, the Gamergate in Trapjaws look like queens. Confusing, I know.
as far as i know Gamergates are just normal worker ants that have mated trapjaws have winged females that are also bigger and are better at laying eggs than workers wich to me is a queen

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
as far as i know Gamergates are just normal worker ants that have mated trapjaws have winged females that are also bigger and are better at laying eggs than workers wich to me is a queen
One way of looking at it.