Unable to play - Game opens in Fullscreen mode, however interactables are offset

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
It's hard to describe the issue.. So, let's start with that - my laptop has 2 graphic cards: one integrated Intel HD and second - NVidia GTX 960M. Whenever I open any game for the first time after installing/downloading something happens with resolution (mostly they open in smaller resolution than native 1920x1080), and the same was with previous versions of EotU.

This time the game opens in fullscreen mode, but all the interactables (like buttons) are offset (not visually but functionally. When I hover over a button nothing happens. When I hover over some space above the button and to the left game might highlight the button. What's more, cursor is caged to ca. 2/3 of the display lenght, so I'm unable to select Start or Options.

I can use ALT +Tab to switch to windowed mode, but then I have two cursors - one inside the window which moves slower, and second one outside the window, which moves faster (because it moves around a larger space/resolution).
If I at long last hover over Options and click, the focus will be activated on the desktop or another window that is open under the game window.

//Edit
Sorry, I have tried to record the video with OBS but it goes crazy whenever I use Alt+Tab/click on game in fullscreen mode ;/

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
OK.. It started working... but after the game crashed in Fullscreen mode because of me mashing LMB maniacally :O

It was the third time I rebooted the game.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Hi MBargo,

Thanks for reporting the issues we will look into them. I have a theory of what this may be.

Assuming you are running in windows it could be due to scaling. If you go to your display settings (right click on desktop > Display settings) you should see a slider like in the image below. Could you tell me if this is set higher than 100%?

If it is do you mind setting it to 100% and seeing if this fixes the issue. If it does then we will need to look into a more permanent fix for this.

scailingbug.jpg

MBargo

Woo hoo!
Backer
Beta Tester
It's hard to tell if it works after the game "caught" that it worked wrongly, but yes it appears that scaling was set to 125%. I would never guess that it could have such a great impact :O

Man learns throughout life..

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
It happens on my laptop also so we definitely need to come up with a way to fix this. Last thing we want is everyone playing on a laptop not being able to play on release!

MJBOWMAN07

Now you see me, now you
Backer
Second this issue. old demo worked, got the backers version (and deleted the old game) and am unable to start the game.
I get to the first screen, then cant move the mouse over to the camera to pres start game.
I have changed my settings to 100% as it was 125%, still not working.
I have tried changing my resolution too, no difference.

I am able to get my mouse over the twitter and facebook icons, the mouse changed from the ingame mouse image to the standard windows mouse image. When i try and go up to the camera buttons the mouse disappears then reappears in the main window with the ingame mouse image.
If I go to the left when over the twitter and facebook link, the mouse stays the windows image all the way to the other side of the screen, but when I go up, in changes back to the ingame mouse image.
The twitter and the facebook link also do not work.
I should also state I have a Geforce 940mx, when I played the game not using the high performance graphics card the game was playable however it made the game window smaller (to the dimensions that had the game image mouse on before). but the game was fully playable in this windowed mode.
Hope this info helps.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
MJBOWMAN07 said:
Second this issue. old demo worked, got the backers version (and deleted the old game) and am unable to start the game.
I get to the first screen, then cant move the mouse over to the camera to pres start game.
I have changed my settings to 100% as it was 125%, still not working.
I have tried changing my resolution too, no difference.

I am able to get my mouse over the twitter and facebook icons, the mouse changed from the ingame mouse image to the standard windows mouse image. When i try and go up to the camera buttons the mouse disappears then reappears in the main window with the ingame mouse image.
If I go to the left when over the twitter and facebook link, the mouse stays the windows image all the way to the other side of the screen, but when I go up, in changes back to the ingame mouse image.
The twitter and the facebook link also do not work.
I should also state I have a Geforce 940mx, when I played the game not using the high performance graphics card the game was playable however it made the game window smaller (to the dimensions that had the game image mouse on before). but the game was fully playable in this windowed mode.
Hope this info helps.

Do you mind telling us if you are using a laptop or a desktop?
Any screenshots or videos you can take will also help us here.

MJBOWMAN07

Now you see me, now you
Backer
im using a laptop
I tried to print screen however it goes very strange,, ive had to do a mobile video to show it as you woudnt believe me if i told you lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLzMJcwbHgM

I didnt monotorise it ;-) but it is terrible quality...