V0.135 Released - Fixes and Improvements

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We've corrected some issues and resolved a final few things on our to-do list for Early Access V0.135. With any luck, this is likely to be our final patch before the upcoming major update (bar anything game-breaking). If you spot errors, please continue to report them in the forums, but as mentioned we're now cracking on full-steam ahead with the leafcutters!

Fixes

• Creatures should no longer get stuck on grass
  • Ladybirds will no longer leave after 10s unless they are stuck (they will now leave after 15s if stuck) and should be back to their usual aphid eating antics
  • Fixed an issue that could cause creatures to get stuck trying to use an ability
  • Fixed an issue where some high priority narrations could play after victory and defeat
  • Fixed an issue on Battle Arena and Hungry Spider where the UI would be the standard one for a split second before switching to the correct one
  • Fixed an issue where if you tried to upgrade a tile without purchasing the upgrade, then purchased the upgrade and tried again it would tell you you had not purchased the upgrade
  • Fixed a typo on Queen of the Hill notification
  • Fixed the spider’s slow in Hungry Spider
  • Fixed an issue where if an ant was saved with a status effect active on it (such as poison) all future ants born from its tile would have that effect

Changes / Improvements

• Attack tolerance reduced for all medium and large creatures, meaning they can no longer remain attacking once you have travelled away from them
  • Small changes to movement behaviour on ramps
  • Minor performance improvements with slows
  • Movement speed changes have been unified into one system
  • Navmesh changes should lead to more sensible creature movement around objects
  • Freeplay ambience sounds now working
  • Freeplay music now switches between day and night
  • Freeplay map Towhead now uses the music tracks from Queen of the Hill
  • Hungry Spider level full moon availability extended to 4 days from midnight the day the full moon will happen (up from 2)
  • Added in narration that was missing from 2.2 (final morning announcement)
  • Armour can now only reduce damage to 0.5 and no lower
  • Reduced the armour on the Uber Beach Tiger Beetle to 2 (down from 3)
  • Reduced the range of Uber’s basic attack to 200 (down from 300)

Mr_Ced

Colony
Nice! Love that we will get music changes during the night... And ambient sounds! Queen of the Hill music is also great! I just love this game!

Carl

Larva
hi everyone I am having a problem with map 2.2 I can only seem to get half way though and game crashes its been fine before update is anyone else having this issue or not if anyone has any ideas why please let me know thank you

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
The vegetarian ant said:
Will we be able to save a game of hungry spider because I'm tired to do it again and again each time my computer or just the game crash

Mike made a post on the Steam forums stating that a save function may be added to that level at a later date, but is currently very low-priority.

Carl

Larva
hi mike I am using a pc its on windows 10
x64-based
intel(R) core(TM) i7-8700kcpu@3.70GHz ,3696mhz 6 core(s) 12 logical processor

I will have to send report on weekend now as I wont be able to play this week

I have to say the games runs ok on all other levels but on this 2.2 it runs smooth then just freezes if I go to task manager it says game has stopped responding I will get more details on weekend buddy if you need anymore I had this game for awhile and played it though many times before and had zero problems with it so am guessing its something in the new update

Carl

Larva
ok I have played the 2.2 level again and it worked with no crashes if it happens again ill send you guys the report. love the game by the way keep it up waiting for the leaf cutter ants to come out

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We think we've fixes this issue btw, there'll be a hotfix out for it soon. Just need to finish testing.

Guy Fieri

Worker
I may have made a mistake while creating the free play world but after my colony (Formica fusca) grew to a large size, the colony could kill creatures like large hermit crabs and beach wolf spiders. But the creatures only contained about 5 food most of the time. My ants were dying faster than they were being replaced. Is this because there is a finite amount of food that can be on the map (towhead) at one time? Also, I quickly realized how weak the Formica fusca is. I understand that some ant species are more powerful than others, but Formica fusca needs to have a chance. Apparently they move very quickly, and a speed boost would be helpful in battle.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Guy Fieri said:
I may have made a mistake while creating the free play world but after my colony (Formica fusca) grew to a large size, the colony could kill creatures like large hermit crabs and beach wolf spiders. But the creatures only contained about 5 food most of the time. My ants were dying faster than they were being replaced. Is this because there is a finite amount of food that can be on the map (towhead) at one time? Also, I quickly realized how weak the Formica fusca is. I understand that some ant species are more powerful than others, but Formica fusca needs to have a chance. Apparently they move very quickly, and a speed boost would be helpful in battle.

You're at a difficulty above 100% - when that happens, food drops from creatures are significantly lessened. You can see the current difficulty by hovering the mouse over the "Menu" button in the top right.