V0.213 Update - Changes & Fixes

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
For patch 0.213 we’ve addressed some issues that have come up in the past few weeks - in particular one which has prevented new content (the 4 jungle uber creatures) from appearing. Freeplay map Towhead has seen a fair few changes - increased landmark numbers and some new paths. Also a bunch of quality-of-life changes in this one.

Freeplay Fixes and Changes

• Solved a bug preventing the 4 new ubers showing up in freeplay (they would be announced but not show)
  • Landmark spawn rate with leafcutters reduced down to 200% (from 250%) as it was filling all available landmark spots causing landmark droughts on some maps
  • Leaves now regenerate every 4m down from 5m
  • Increased the number of landmark locations on Towhead by about 8 (and shuffled some around)
  • Added a couple of central crossing paths into Towhead to allow better access to the new landmark locations from all spawn points
  • Funnel web landmarks no longer spawn pebbles (eliminates a bug making ramps inaccessible if the web spawns near one)
  • Fixed an issue where creatures could end up stuck on top of your nest in freeplay
  • Uber spawn chance increased when playing Hunter victory condition
  • Creative mode now automatically spends resources allowing you to harvest resources if you wish
  • Wave number will no longer increase if defeated before the timer for the next wave starts in freeplay
  • Added option in freeplay to disable difficulty increase when approaching victory
  • Renamed a couple of difficulty options in freeplay
  • Uber spawns now cause a minimap ping
  • Funnel web landmark despawn timer will tick down 4x as fast if all its inhabitants are dead
  • Funnel web spiders will not be given targets until they reach their nest
  • Besieged victory now occurs on final wave defeat rather than just before spawn
  • You can no longer save the game during an attack wave

Other Fixes and Changes

• Achievement fail and success messages are now off by default and can be turned on from an option in the menu or from the scoreboard (achievement tracking)
  • Added a widget to the main menu that will show up after you have completed the campaign and will highlight games made by our friends (only on Steam)
  • Fixed a bug that could break formicarium challenge 2 if you kill the tube spawning ants too quickly after they spawn
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a green riser to appear if you cancel a dig job the moment a cavern is tunnelled out
  • Fixed more issues with creatures or food getting stuck under ramps
  • Funnel web now has immunities to several crowd control effects
  • Hungry Spider projectile is now visible again
  • Hungry Spider mouse movement should feel a lot smoother however it no longer paths around walls so you need to manually manoeuvrer it
  • Fixed an issue where Hungry Spider bite and venom strike were doing less damage than intended further from the centre of the attack
  • Creatures with low visual range can now see enemies that attack them from further away
  • Fixed some text issues
  • Fixed an issue that could cause aphids to float (sometimes very high in the sky) when ladybirds attempt to pick them up
  • Ladybirds will no longer try and escape once they have started picking up an aphid (they will escape after anyway)
  • Fixed an issue with brood tile hotkeys not functioning correctly
  • Massively reduced issues with chamber rep panel thinking the mouse is hovering over a chamber when it is not (worse at lower FPS)

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I noticed a few hotkeys work in the hungry spider level, though they don't do much just change the mouse

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I noticed a few hotkeys work in the hungry spider level, though they don't do much just change the mouse
Hammertime!

Adjusted clock today and played the hungry spider level, I got to the uber spider:
That poison... It hit me for 50% of my max hp in one hit.
(Painfull lessons were learned)

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Hammertime!

Adjusted clock today and played the hungry spider level, I got to the uber spider:

Crippling Venom to slow her and draw her in from a distance is how to do it, I think! That said, I haven't finished it either.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Its good to lure her to food so as soon as you take the hit you can feed right back up, though I admit i have only won by cheating to repeat it

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
Its good to lure her to food so as soon as you take the hit you can feed right back up, though I admit i have only won by cheating to repeat it
After taking venom damage for the first time I tried to run away, I did not know it was already too late by then.

Also tried to test the The Other Foot level, but it doesn't show up in the extra level list. (Tried with setting system clock forward on both default and beta branch.)

Last edited:

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Hammertime!

The same thing happened to me once! I would recommend trying crippling venom (level 13), venom pool (level 12), bite (level 7), devour (level 4). This allows you to kill her relatively smoothly as long as you are focused with your venom placements.