V0.2131 Update - Changes & Balance, Language

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Some fairly significant balance changes for the game in today’s patch, as well as important updates to localisation and a bunch of fixes and minor changes, all detailed below!

Language
  • Updated translations for Russian, German, Chinese and Spanish
  • Fixed some interface element issues that could occur in some languages
Changes / Balance
  • Story now always highlights if the player does not have a formicarium colony
  • Small army ants (media) now cost 3 to hatch down from 5 (this will affect both formicarium challenge 3 and an upcoming extra level)
  • The ‘Evasive’ worker ability now avoids damage 60% of the time down from 95% and the workers are now camouflaged (enemy creatures need to be a lot closer to see them)
  • Leaf landmarks in freeplay now regenerate every 5 minutes up from 4
  • Aggrandise balance: Hard and Insane mode now have slightly more food available (an extra 10% of each creature’s base level food)
  • Aggrandise balance: The fish provides 50 more food in Insane and 100 more food in Hard
  • Aggrandise balance: Woodlice and woodworm will not wander about and are located closer to the player’s starting location
  • Aggrandise balance: There is now a 3 tile wide access route between the player and the huge whip spider. If it or its two bodyguards are disturbed they will all now attack the player’s queen
  • Freeplay now has an autosave feature. The time between saves can be set from the options menu. When loading a freeplay save you can choose to load the most recent save, the autosave or the manual save. Load most recent save from the in-game menu will now load whichever of those is most recent
Fixes
  • Tooltip for allied colony minimaps no longer says you need to be in their colony to see them
  • Fixed an issue where the new ubers had incorrect (low) food values and too few harvesting points
  • Pebbles will now be removed from web landmarks even in loaded games
  • Fixed some issues with ants falling through ramps
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes in freeplay egg collection would take multiple attempts
  • Moved a problematic pebble in 2.1
  • Fixed an issue with player starting ants being grey in an upcoming extra level
  • Balance changes and fixes for upcoming extra levels
  • Fixed an issue where the nest group marker could be placed via the minimap
  • Fixed an issue on 2.1 where a voice line was not playing
  • Creatures that do not wander such as wolf spiders can no longer stay still if they are inside a nest entrance (fixes the issue on Baby Sitting with the wolf spider hiding in the allied nest entrance)
  • Potential fix for ladybirds being harvestable after they have flown away
  • Fixed an issue in freeplay setup where play difficulty would not change if changed from advanced game setup
  • Fixed an issue on 2.2 where a ramp near an enemy colony was trapping ants (the dreaded BOX 4 has been removed)
  • Collision updated for cliff edges; should mitigate some movement issues
  • Movement robustness improved around ramps (gaps should be removed)
  • Fixed an issue allowing players to name their colony with the same name twice (or no name)

TheRexYo

Queen
Some fairly significant balance changes for the game in today’s patch, as well as important updates to localisation and a bunch of fixes and minor changes, all detailed below!
  • Small army ants (media) now cost 3 to hatch down from 5 (this will affect both formicarium challenge 3 and an upcoming extra level)
This change is definitely good in my opinion. The only problem is, they still aren't very effective, after I tested them. Maybe they should get a damage buff?

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I must say that I would love to see a comparison of English and German just to see how well everything was translated. :)
It's sometimes annoying me when I see a mistranslated sentence. Especially since not everyone stays true to the context and just does it word by word. Or they select the wrong word for something that got a specific word of that type of item.

For example: Normally you call tweezers just tweezers but in medicine you call them forceps. Or people select a word that is technically correct if translated word for word but it still is misplaced if you look at the full sentence. :/

So if possible I would love to have a look and make sugguestions for improvements / offer my help with this. :)

Last edited:

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I must say that I would love to see a comparison of English and German just to see how well everything was translated. :)
It's sometimes annoying me when I see a mistranslated sentence. Especially since not everyone stays true to the context and just does it word by word. Or they select the wrong word for something that got a specific word of that type of item.

For example: Normally you call tweezers just tweezers but in medicine you call them forceps. Or people select a word that is technically correct if translated word for word but it still is misplaced if you look at the full sentence. :/

So if possible I would love to have a look and make sugguestions for improvements / offer my help with this. :)

I don't speak German myself but Matt (one of the devs) does, so I suspect it's one of the better translations.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
as a german i played the Game set to German and i didnt realy see any problems with the translation
That's good then. :p
I prefer the english version just because I like it. Not that I'm bad at german but it's like a movie usually is best watched in the original language. :)

King Maf

Larva
Ecosystem Beta Tester
That's good then. :p
I prefer the english version just because I like it. Not that I'm bad at german but it's like a movie usually is best watched in the original language. :)
i agree i also decided to switch to english after the extra levels werent translated at first an i just kept it this way