Vanilla Ereptors

Mr_Ced

Colony
Try playing the campaign through without extra skills or minor improvements. Just workers and soldiers.
Beat the final Formicarium Challenge on insane with 5,000 food, 29 level 3 Majors, 38 level 3 Formica fusca and rufa, and 45 level 3 workers. Almost ran out of food, but managed to beat the opposing colony down.
It makes for a more challenging Freeplay experience too, as the ereptors aren't as overpowered.

Try playing the campaign through without extra skills or minor improvements. Just workers and soldiers.
Beat the final Formicarium Challenge on insane with 5,000 food, 29 level 3 Majors, 38 level 3 Formica fusca and rufa, and 45 level 3 workers. Almost ran out of food, but managed to beat the opposing colony down.
It makes for a more challenging Freeplay experience too, as the ereptors aren't as overpowered.
I re-read your post. That's a solid achievement - Seems like a very hard thing to achieve on insane.

pakitane16

Colony
Hey I beat this on medium with 38 fusca, 38 rufa, 19 major and 19 worker, with 1500 food. Royal guard is a joke. On hard though, it still take 1500 food to kill the entire army, easy enough, but their queen have 30 sec of invincibility, giving those army ants enough time to group up and distract my major. Any tips? Does more worker help? I'm grinding for more major, hopefully 38 major will work.

Hey I beat this on medium with 38 fusca, 38 rufa, 19 major and 19 worker, with 1500 food. Royal guard is a joke. On hard though, it still take 1500 food to kill the entire army, easy enough, but their queen have 30 sec of invincibility, giving those army ants enough time to group up and distract my major. Any tips? Does more worker help? I'm grinding for more major, hopefully 38 major will work.
The trick is to have numbers. Even if you just beat their forces, wait until your forces regroup before attacking the queen. Camp just inside the entrance of her base when regrouping to keep an eye on the inside of the base and eliminate any single ants still alive that walk near you. Remember; you just have to kill the queen to win. So drop your entire force on to her and use the choke points in their base to hold back their ants for 30 seconds until the queen is attackable. Then your ants that are still alive and on top of their queen will automatically attack her first to win the mission. I tried it the other way and it didn't work. The ants that spawn over-ran my ants; pushed me back. Took longer to take them down and by the time I fought back to the queen the 300 second cooldown had reset and it happened all over again.