Waste Management

Snootz tv

Worker
Besides increasing storage amount there isn't much point in upgrading your waste tiles, perhaps we could increase the waste removal to -1/-2/-3 per tick or if that is too powerful -1/-1/-2 per tick. some testing would be required but I think it would add some efficiency to getting rid of waste and give us a reason to upgrade vs just building more tiles for waste.

Mr_Ced

Colony
I think waste already is destroyed faster with upgraded tiles. Only it is -1 per 2 ticks then -1 per tick or something like that.

Besides increasing storage amount there isn't much point in upgrading your waste tiles, perhaps we could increase the waste removal to -1/-2/-3 per tick or if that is too powerful -1/-1/-2 per tick. some testing would be required but I think it would add some efficiency to getting rid of waste and give us a reason to upgrade vs just building more tiles for waste.
I upgrade them to save room. Much prefer 18 upgraded refuse tiles then 36 or 54 refuse tiles. Not to mention the more tiles the potentially further they have to walk to deposit waste depending on your base design. And the upgraded tiles hold more. So it's not a flat 10 upgrade each level - similiar increase to food stores.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
I think waste already is destroyed faster with upgraded tiles. Only it is -1 per 2 ticks then -1 per tick or something like that.
I just sort of confirmed this. If you watch the -1s on tiles of the same upgrade level, they are synchronized, but tiles with other upgrade states won't correspond properly.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
how about upgrading tiles adds more cleaning insects to the tile which increases the waste removal? Like the more springtails there are the faster they can process the leftovers.
Perhaps adding them visually might give an idea or help. :)

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
how about upgrading tiles adds more cleaning insects to the tile which increases the waste removal? Like the more springtails there are the faster they can process the leftovers.
Perhaps adding them visually might give an idea or help. :)
If I am not mistaken the minim workers reserve refuse tile space whenever they move refuse to it. That is why refuse tiles are never completely full and you never see minims waiting with refuse at the refuse chamber. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
There are waste management tiles?
Yes, but they are only used by the leafcutter ants. When fungus is spent it creates refuse. (The refuse gained is equal to the fungus spent?) The refuse tiles serve as a safe-ish place for the parts of leaves that have not been converted by fungus to dissolve.