Water Survivability

mikeimp91

Larva
Backer
Hello, Ant fans! I am new to this community and I am excited for what is to come. Being that there is the possibility of flooding in the game, I believe that an incredible feature would be to add water survivability as a trait to the colony after a certain point in the game. As far as most of you may know, red fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) have an incredible ability to survive floods and temporary submerging. Having this ability for your colony from the get-go would be too easy, so I propose that your colony obtains this once you have integrated fire ant DNA into your brood.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Fire ant rafts/bridges was one of the kickstarter stretch goals so they will definitely be in.

However even regular ants have an astonishing survivability - almost all ants can stay under water for hours and once they get out of it and dry they come back to life.

Speaking about water, would it not be interesting with the underground management section to create a humidity concentration wich would vary depending on where you are on the map, and which would give perks and disavantages (a dry area would be more interesting for stockpiling food or having a garbage disposal, whereas a wet area would be better for living ground for the queen and the larvae). those zones could also evolve due to seasons passing.

Serafine

Queen
Backer
Beta Tester
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Yep, something like this has already been thrown in a while ago (I suggested heated areas under stones for faster brood development).

I agree, the game needs stuff that can act as strategically important positions - stuff like aphid farms that give resources, hot areas where brood develops faster and upgrades are cheaper, moist places where fungus gardens produce much more food, etc.

But then remember the game is early access, what we have right now is basically the bones of the game. There's a lot of features to come.