Welcome to the Forum

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Hello everyone,

I'm Tom, the developer of Ecosystem. I hope you liked the demo. I'll be here to answer any questions you have, to hear your ideas for what might make the game better, or just to talk about speculative evolution in general. Thanks for playing; I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Tom Johnson

Axxiom

Larva
This is an appreciation post. I’ve already spent 10 hours of my life on your demo and I just can’t get enough. I’m happy you’re working with Slug Disco, Empires is an amazing game and this is shaping up to be a new favourite of mine as well (and it’s a demo!?)

I’ll probably start contributing a bit around here once I start doing my own “tests” of the game, but until then I know it’s nice to hear someone loves something you created. In my books you’re nailing it!

Also, I never saved a picture of it, but my most prolific swimmer so far has basically been a giant sperm with a fish face. Thank you for that specifically. It brought an immense amount of joy to my life. Haven’t laughed so hard in years. Keep up the great work!

Tom Johnson

Queen
Developer of Ecosystem
Ecosystem Beta Tester
This is an appreciation post. I’ve already spent 10 hours of my life on your demo and I just can’t get enough. I’m happy you’re working with Slug Disco, Empires is an amazing game and this is shaping up to be a new favourite of mine as well (and it’s a demo!?)

I’ll probably start contributing a bit around here once I start doing my own “tests” of the game, but until then I know it’s nice to hear someone loves something you created. In my books you’re nailing it!

Also, I never saved a picture of it, but my most prolific swimmer so far has basically been a giant sperm with a fish face. Thank you for that specifically. It brought an immense amount of joy to my life. Haven’t laughed so hard in years. Keep up the great work!

Thank you, it makes me genuinely happy to hear that. I appreciate that you took the time to write it; posts like this really help to keep me going through development. That's a great story about the giant sperm with a fish face! I suppose the shape of a sperm is an adaptation to its environment too, so it even kind of makes sense that shape would pop up in the simulation, but it is nontheless quite funny that it did. :)