Who remembers SimAnt?

Chonto

Larva
I have to figure this was inspired by it. Having played and loved both of these games, I have made a list of suggestions.

#1 - Renewable food sources. Aphids are fantastic, but randomly spawned/valuable bugs like butterflies and stuff would make a good addition. Or hell, maybe someone dropped a half-eaten hot dog.

#2 - Homes. Any kind of human/urban environment.

#3 - Rain. In SimAnt, sometimes it would randomly rain and partially flood the lower levels of a colony. I don't know how this could be implemented in a top-down game like this, but it's an interesting mechanic.

#4 - Hidden tunnels. Sometimes when digging in the dirt, you'll find an existing tunnel to another colony. Excellent for backdooring or stealing food supplies.

#5 - Fog of war? Perhaps make it so we can't see at all what exists beyond the tunnels of our colony. The treasures and dangers buried in the earth should be completely hidden until we've dug them up.

#6 - Freeplay/multiplayer. Allow players to play randomly generated maps with bots/other players. I know that's way easier said than done and probably already in the works, atleast I hope so. This is an absolute must for making a long-term playerbase.

#7 - On free play maps, let players spawn as a queen and select where to dig and live.

#8 - Add more playable ant species. Those slave ants sounded pretty damn cool. ;)

#9 - Pat yourselves on the back. This game, as it is today, is amazing and exactly what the world of gaming needed. Best purchase of 2018. ;D

Thanks for reading.

Rayalot72

Maximum difficulty
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
#6 we're getting with a set map, which will be about slow progression as a colony fighting 3 other colonies.

#8 we are definitely getting, and up to 10 more. It's unsure if we'll get to play as slavemakers, but we know that driver ants are planned and leafcutter ants are in the making.

#3 we should be getting with freeplay.

Raptorofwar

Queen
Backer
I think fog of war is coming, because the devs did mention that they wanted to incorporate how different ants see.

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
We haven't decided how fog of war will work yet (it seems unlikely at this point that it'll be in the campaign) but it makes sense as an option for freeplay mode and multiplayer (if that happens).

Chonto

Larva
Mike said:
We haven't decided how fog of war will work yet (it seems unlikely at this point that it'll be in the campaign) but it makes sense as an option for freeplay mode and multiplayer (if that happens).

So you're saying there's a chance... :jimcarrey:

Soccer51x

Worker
I don't like the fog of war idea, I think it should just be around the outer edges, so we can see maybe just 1 first food source. That way we can be ready incase we "dig", into something else :p

SandMan

Larva
Backer
Beta Tester
Sim Ant was a very good game to just chill and enjoy. I would love to be able to see maybe bigger areas in the future underground and maybe the ability to take over other ant nest.

Cheers