Wood ant lag

Buffalo981

Queen
Extremely Helpful Person
Hopefully there will be improvements to the wood ant lag when they fight enemies in mass like hermit crabs, alongside the other optimizations. If its the projectiles themselves causing lag maybe a graphical option to disable whatever part of the projectile is cauing lag, or if it has to do with code hopefully it can be improved significantly. Right now, anywhere from 50 - 70 wood ants drop me down to 8.00 frames per second for the duration of a couple minutes when they get into prolonged fights such as against hermit crabs and other enemies with decent hp. This significantly affects 2.1 and 2.2 for me (more so 2.1), and also forces me to only use majors and melee ants in free play mode with attack waves. I would also like to mention I am impressed with the amount of optimizations that have been done with the other ants in the game, though. Having been used to playing with a laggy 50 wood ants on 2.1, and 2.2, when I played 3.1 for the first time, months ago, with 100 + massive leaf cutter ants and very smooth gameplay, it was satisfying and enjoyable.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
A very good point. the projectiles themselves are not very optimised. This is possibly something to do with the check it is doing to see if it has collide with its target. I am sure we can improve on this. I will speak to Matt about it as it may not even be on his radar.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
A very good point. the projectiles themselves are not very optimised. This is possibly something to do with the check it is doing to see if it has collide with its target. I am sure we can improve on this. I will speak to Matt about it as it may not even be on his radar.
Just a quick update, it is apparently on this list of things to optimise already thankfully! It must have flagged up during his recent profiling!