wood ants mortar

I think the current mortar firing system could be upgraded because some ennemies just become op and others become useless, ants by example can die even with immense groups aganst just two soldiers and two level 3 mortars, I think adding a aoe defense to some species or making their IA ask them to go away if not fighting, so only those who fight die, would make the deal, another example of this is the woodlice that just become more powerful than other insects because they don't fight so they don't stop and my mortars just endlessly shoot at them without ever touching them, I think that could be fixed by letting the aoe happen even without directly hitting the target, and if it unbalance the game, maybe it could have a decrease of damage depending on the distance between the target and the place where the hit landed

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I think the current mortar firing system could be upgraded because some ennemies just become op and others become useless, ants by example can die even with immense groups aganst just two soldiers and two level 3 mortars, I think adding a aoe defense to some species or making their IA ask them to go away if not fighting, so only those who fight die, would make the deal, another example of this is the woodlice that just become more powerful than other insects because they don't fight so they don't stop and my mortars just endlessly shoot at them without ever touching them, I think that could be fixed by letting the aoe happen even without directly hitting the target, and if it unbalance the game, maybe it could have a decrease of damage depending on the distance between the target and the place where the hit landed
They've already thought about motor defense.

HofNerd

Colony
Beta Tester
Extremely Helpful Person
There are some changes inbound:
Something interesting has come to light! Mortars have no damage fall off (same as ubers actually) ant I thought they did. I am going to try and get the damage falloff properly working for AOE attacks game wide. this will have implications all over the game but what is a beta test for eh? Basically this will case full damage at the epicentre of the attack, and zero at the edge moving linearly across, maybe it will be enough?