Wrong amount of food

So, when playing the Freeplay mode, after certain time, the enemy dead body start giving out less food. Like say a tiger beetle will give 200 food, then 150, then 100, then 70 then 30, then 1 (I made up those number, but the idea is it start giving less food). Is this a bug or some mechanism I don't know about?

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
So, when playing the Freeplay mode, after certain time, the enemy dead body start giving out less food. Like say a tiger beetle will give 200 food, then 150, then 100, then 70 then 30, then 1 (I made up those number, but the idea is it start giving less food). Is this a bug or some mechanism I don't know about?

When the difficulty exceeds 100% the amount of food drop by insects is lower. This is made for balance the amount of food the players have in higher difficulties.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
In the later game you really need to get your food from the landmarks. It becomes so easy to kill enemies it was the best way to keep some level of difficulty.

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
Its now decreasing a lot less by the way, still does but very slowly as difficulty climbs

In the later game you really need to get your food from the landmarks. It becomes so easy to kill enemies it was the best way to keep some level of difficulty.
I think you shouldn't stop the decrease at 1 because then there are hundreds of bodies everywhere and harvesting them is useless, maybe add that when the food in a corpse is below 2 it disapears like if it had rotten ?

JohnSlugDisco

Administrator
Staff member
Developer of EotU
I think you shouldn't stop the decrease at 1 because then there are hundreds of bodies everywhere and harvesting them is useless, maybe add that when the food in a corpse is below 2 it disappears like if it had rotten ?
What difficulty are you on? When I say it should be a lot less I mean a LOT less, corpses should have food in them pretty much always now (will only really kick in hard post 500% difficulty) if they don't then there is a bug.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
What difficulty are you on? When I say it should be a lot less I mean a LOT less, corpses should have food in them pretty much always now (will only really kick in hard post 500% difficulty) if they don't then there is a bug.
One way to deal with the food is summoning the army ants. I had a similar problem but it was because I had 2fps and an army of ubers attacking.

I haven't played freeplay since the last update but I'd say it was mostly when I was around 400% difficulty, at that point the only problem is ubers which can destroy your colony in seconds as even with more than a hundred wood ants firing at them for several minutes they only loose a few pixels of hp
One way to deal with the food is summoning the army ants. I had a similar problem but it was because I had 2fps and an army of ubers attacking.
In my case what I do is increasing the difficulty to max with everything that gives score and deactivate every mob and landmarks except the poppy plant with seeds, and even while doing that I never get more than 8fps, I'm playing on a portable toaster

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I haven't played freeplay since the last update but I'd say it was mostly when I was around 400% difficulty, at that point the only problem is ubers which can destroy your colony in seconds as even with more than a hundred wood ants firing at them for several minutes they only loose a few pixels of hp

In my case what I do is increasing the difficulty to max with everything that gives score and deactivate every mob and landmarks except the poppy plant with seeds, and even while doing that I never get more than 8fps, I'm playing on a portable toaster
I'm playing on a 2011 laptop with norton. Can't wait to get my own.