Screenshot Saturday - Solenopsis invicta, the Red Imported Fire Ant

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The next major update for Empires of the Undergrowth will feature fire ants as its focal species. Solenopsis invicta is native to South America but has spread to many parts of the world. Here's our in-game model of the queen - in comparison to other species we have in the game, she's positively tiny! Fire ants are small but more than make up for that with numbers and ferocity.

FireAntQueenWithPupaeLarvae_Compressed.jpg

The next major update for Empires of the Undergrowth will feature fire ants as its focal species. Solenopsis invicta is native to South America but has spread to many parts of the world. Here's our in-game model of the queen - in comparison to other species we have in the game, she's positively tiny! Fire ants are small but more than make up for that with numbers and ferocity.

View attachment 1049
So are fire ants going to allow the player to have stinging ants in their formacarium? It's kind of like ranged ants but they are melee?
EDIT: I meant these ants will do the same damage as the ranged wood ants but they are melee version? What will be the true purpose for the fire ants in the players formacarium?

pakitane16

Colony
I meant these ants will do the same damage as the ranged wood ants but they are melee version? What will be the true purpose for the fire ants in the players formacarium?
From previous streams:
- Their role is swarm: cheap and good total damage. Their base ability is spawning 2 ants from 1 tile.
- They do venom-type damage like wood ants, but melee. (black ants and leafcutter ants do melee physical-type damage, whip spiders do ranged physical-type damage)
- They have stinging animation.

Raptorr575

Worker
I wonder if they'll be able to build bridges.
Because I saw that apparently fire ants can't build bridges except in water.