A fun idea

Thecoolant

Queen
Ecosystem Beta Tester
A co-op game level where you are a fire ant colony and your teamed up with another fire ant colony against two trap jaw ant colonies that are also teams.First off the map is a beach setting with some rainforest up the beach and the tide rises.There are islands that the fire ants can get to so that they can have food supplies, the trap jaws food source are nearby aphids.At night there are mole crickets on the beach and hermit crabs.Predators of the rainforest are cow killers and possibly cockroaches.Hopefully Mike and the guys will support and add this level to the game.One more thing this can only happen after fire ant update.:);)

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
I want the developers to honestly crack down on fire ants. I see like four in development.

Don't worry about that; the extra levels take practically no time to make in comparison to the campaign. They're a productive thing for one of the guys to be doing whilst waiting for stuff from the other two devs.

Neat idea but trapjaws don't exist as colonies in the game (their foraging behaviour is a bit different than most other ants) but there's probably a way round that.

Rensy

Colony
Don't worry about that; the extra levels take practically no time to make in comparison to the campaign. They're a productive thing for one of the guys to be doing whilst waiting for stuff from the other two devs.

Neat idea but trapjaws don't exist as colonies in the game (their foraging behaviour is a bit different than most other ants) but there's probably a way round that.
What about the extra level adventure? There is an enemy trap jaw colony

I wonder what would've happened if they used a gamergate species.
maybe that could still be done, it would simply need to add an animation where a normal trap jaw gets bigger (when she becomes the queen) and add a portion of code where the trap jaws that see the queen die no longer consider each other ally and fight until only one of those remain, which becomes a new queen and starts the colony anew, at least it's how I think I remember it works ?

Rensy

Colony
maybe that could still be done, it would simply need to add an animation where a normal trap jaw gets bigger (when she becomes the queen) and add a portion of code where the trap jaws that see the queen die no longer consider each other ally and fight until only one of those remain, which becomes a new queen and starts the colony anew, at least it's how I think I remember it works ?
The vegetarian ant you are totally correct, gamergates will not share 1 colony and will fight to the death until only 1 gamergate remains, then she will be producing young for the colony to increase in numbers.