Suggestion: 1 special ant selection after beating formicarium challenge 5

Rensy

Colony
This suggestion is for the end of early access, basically when you defeat challenge 5 you unlock bullet ants but after that, you will be granted with a selection screen to select a special ant in your formicarium, basically the ants that weren't normally playable and did not appear as an unlockable ant in your tech tree, including: Slave makers, trap jaws, army ant major (because army ant media is too weak to be a selectable unit here), big headed ant, little black ant, other 4th tier unplayable ants, all 5th tier unplayable ants, You can select one of them for FREE to be in your formicarium, and you can change your special ant to another special ant however this will cost 1000 royal jelly so unless you're the millionare of the undergrowth you gotta stick to what you have. I think this should be a good suggestion.

TheRexYo

Queen
This suggestion is for the end of early access, basically when you defeat challenge 5 you unlock bullet ants but after that, you will be granted with a selection screen to select a special ant in your formicarium, basically the ants that weren't normally playable and did not appear as an unlockable ant in your tech tree, including: Slave makers, trap jaws, army ant major (because army ant media is too weak to be a selectable unit here), big headed ant, little black ant, other 4th tier unplayable ants, all 5th tier unplayable ants, You can select one of them for FREE to be in your formicarium, and you can change your special ant to another special ant however this will cost 1000 royal jelly so unless you're the millionare of the undergrowth you gotta stick to what you have. I think this should be a good suggestion.
Personally, I don't think there should be a need to do this. Why not just have a post-release thing where you can purchase other ant types using Royal Jelly? It's not like they break the balance, since all units are intended to be balanced compared to one another, and thus by full release they should be effectively interchangeable in terms of power level (not usage, though). In fact, the default units are the strongest, since they include the likes of Leafcutter Majors and Wood Ant Ranged (Mortars especially), which are some of the best units around right now.

EDIT: Though, since maintaining the game's feel is important, I also think such unlocks should be limited to players who have beaten Formicarium Challenge 5 on at least one of their saves.

TheRexYo

Queen
We wouldn't then have a habitat for the new ant or levels, not something I would want.
In case you're replying to me, the same applies to getting a single ant for free. Also, you encounter the unplayable ants in the campaign anyway, so what are you even talking about? :/

TheRexYo

Queen
Also, one more thing. Army Ant Medias are NOT weak. They are extremely cheap and do a LOT of damage for their cost, which makes them rather useful early on. If you always go for the expensive ants, you won't be able to get enough food to sustain them, or even build them in the first place lol.

pakitane16

Colony
I'd like this to be a New Game + system: Beat the story mode. Then when you replay the storymode as a new colony, you can choose either the default one or a new one that have all ant units unlockable, but without OP upgrade and stat modification. You can then unlock whichever species you want with RJ.

MedinB

Colony
I didn't even notice you say the ants already in the game, lol. Again interesting suggestion, but we should wait until the game is fully released to find out.

Rensy

Colony
This suggestion suddenly blew up after it was kind of forgotten, but basically it was just meant to add some spice to your colony, it wasn't meant to have the levels of those ants. And what i mean is "army ant media are too weak" is it just doesn't seem right for a player to select army ant media, but i guess it wouldn't hurt to add it into the special ant selection list. Remember, this is just a suggestion, the developers will add whatever they think they want in the game, so lets just see until end of early access.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
The only way I can see this working is you can choose to have an Army Ant Minim/Worker or Atta Minim. Ants like the Media or Trapjaw wouldn't fit the current model of balance.

On the topic of New Game+, the Counterparts could be an option to play as.

TheRexYo

Queen
The only way I can see this working is you can choose to have an Army Ant Minim/Worker or Atta Minim. Ants like the Media or Trapjaw wouldn't fit the current model of balance.

On the topic of New Game+, the Counterparts could be an option to play as.
Trapjaws are OP right now, but remember, they should be balanced by full release.