Screenshot Saturday - The Bombardier Beetle

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The bombardier beetle (Brachinus alternans) is well armoured, but it has a deadlier defence - by mixing chemicals in a special chamber, it can spray liquid at temperatures close to that of boiling water. This is extremely dangerous to small creatures, like fire ants.

Expect them in Empires of the Undergrowth's upcoming fourth tier!

MedinB

Colony
Those little beady eyes and that BOILING spray will make it an creature that won't be easy to beat. Great modeling and art!

EDIT: Just seeing the picture of the fire ant stinging looked great, good work!!!!

Last edited:

thanhmk28

Soldier
Extremely Helpful Person
I really like the color choice for each set of enemies. Like for example: 1st is black, 2nd is white/light brown, 3rd is green and now 4th is orange/red. Freeplay map is going to be really cool to watch.

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
At first they reminded me of the suicidal Carpenter Ants, never knew of this beetles existence.

A
The bombardier beetle (Brachinus alternans) is well armoured, but it has a deadlier defence - by mixing chemicals in a special chamber, it can spray liquid at temperatures close to that of boiling water. This is extremely dangerous to small creatures, like fire ants.

prototype oh goodness gracious I’m excited!!!

MedinB

Colony
The bombardier beetle prototype. They are going to make different skins for the bombardier beetle.
Sounds great! Matt will impress us.

EDIT: Following pakitane16, where was this heard, can you tell me where and when the developers told this?

Last edited:
Sounds great! Matt will impress us.

EDIT: Following pakitane16, where was this heard, can you tell me where and when the developers told this?
It's not prototype then. It's called skin variant and this is the basic skin.
Anyway, where did you hear that there will be different skin for this beetle?
Well they didn’t tell me this I just guessed that they would because of the rove beetle variants. I got excited that’s all.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer

As a kid I heard of this beatle. If I remember correctly they store both chemicals in their body and have a catalyst chamber to mix them and squirt them at their enemies. I don't remember if they also made a banging noise which their name would be coming from. It's very interesting to see these now inside of the game. :D