My queen is dead

Thecoolant

Queen
Ecosystem Beta Tester
This is my third queen first one died second one escaped third one died. Oh Oh why did it have to be her sobbs it’s all me fault. Rensy you asked how often I checked up on her once or twice a week. Yesterday evening she was fine and this morning she had passed away.

Rensy

Colony
This is my third queen first one died second one escaped third one died. Oh Oh why did it have to be her sobbs it’s all me fault. Rensy you asked how often I checked up on her once or twice a week. Yesterday evening she was fine and this morning she had passed away.
Ok, but what way did you care for her? Was she in a test tube? Was she in a dark spot like inside a closet? Did she have water?

Thecoolant

Queen
Ecosystem Beta Tester
Had her In a test tube with a cotton ball with water. I checked on her 1 2 times a week. I was moving her to another formicarium set up the previous day but.the next morning she was dead.

It was fate. Fate took her life. Fate passes by the strong but takes the weak. I feel sorry for you. I would like your post to make you feel better but that would just make it look like I wanted your queen to die.

EDIT Not that I wanted her to die, I wanted to see pictures and videos, she was cute and sweet.

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
It doesn't have to be your fault at all. I know for a fact that sometimes the queens just drop dead without any visible reason. I read about this phenomenon in the AntsCanada Forum where sometimes the queens just die even tho they seemed to have been doing fine. Maybe check out the AntsCanada GAN Project where people offer some of the queens they caught and list them with setup and current amount of workers.
Anyway first time I was lucky to witness a nuptial flight I was super excited and caught so many queens. They sadly all died or passed away due to my carelessness at that time and I released the surviving queens to focus on my other main colony of Messor Barbarus. Also the ants I caught were all Lasius Niger and there were tons of those during the nuptial flight. I wouldn't be surprised if there are about 2 nests on the same parking lot on which they would be fighting anyway.

Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself. You will just have to try again and hope for the best. Maybe catch up to 3 queens and see how they are doing. You can later on still decide to release them (ONLY IF THEY ARE NATIVE) or give them away. For your testtube setup, you know you can clean the testtubes and reuse them, right?

Thecoolant

Queen
Ecosystem Beta Tester
I’m sorry she died and I have to not keep ant queens anymore because I don’t want to kill anymore.

Rensy

Colony
Its ok... this happens to all new ant keeping beginners, but if you don't give up, you will be able to keep a successful colony of ants. But you have made your choice and that is fine too!

VarmintLP

Queen
Backer
I’m sorry she died and I have to not keep ant queens anymore because I don’t want to kill anymore.
You shouldn't give up if you really want to keep ants. If you have questions, then ask them. If you are sure about the next steps, then ask for advice and opinions. :3
I would never give up keeping ants, not even if the world gets doomed. I would just start with a new colony if mine dies.

But we have to leave that decission up to you. Btw you don't have to kill any remaining workers. Just wait for them to die out.

Rensy

Colony
I do have another idea on why the queen might have died. You might have sealed the exit of the test tube with cotten too much so air cannot enter for the queen to breath. We don't know, but the queen has already died. If you have more plans on keeping queen ants then good luck!