Screenshot Saturday - The Six-Spotted Fishing Spider

MikeSlugDisco

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
The six-spotted fishing spider (Dolomedes triton) is a large semi-aquatic spider native to North America. It lurks near the bank, exploiting a hydrophobic coating and air bubbles to stay afloat.

Its prey includes insects (both aquatic and ones that have fallen into the water) and small fish. It is capable of fully submerging itself for a time, breathing from a pocket of air it takes with it.

It'll be the challenge creature for the 4th tier (fire ant) levels in Empires of the Undergrowth!

Scyobi_Empire

Colony
Extremely Helpful Person
Ecosystem Beta Tester
How big is it compared to the Whip Spiders? It looks to be just a tad (like half) bit smaller then the Giant one but I'm not the best when it comes to scales.

Daniel7Sly123

Ants are perfect!
SOO.. the spider can float on water. Is a Challenge Creature. What´s the special ability of fire ants float to make a floating bridge on water.
PLS tell me that if the spider reachs a bridge every ant dont just drowns. (if that happens WP Slug Disco)

That's going to make the 4th tier levels so annoying to the point where it won't be fun anymore. What I mean by this is if there's this island you need to get to, and there's this spider on the water, and it won't go away that's going to be so annoying.

pakitane16

Colony
That's going to make the 4th tier levels so annoying to the point where it won't be fun anymore. What I mean by this is if there's this island you need to get to, and there's this spider on the water, and it won't go away that's going to be so annoying.
Ain't that what challenge mode enemies do? Annoy the heck out of you lol.